The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Latest and Greatest? :: The Lookout Wallet 2.0 (25 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
helder
View Profile
Inner circle
Portugal
1066 Posts

Profile of helder
Quote:
On Mar 21, 2024, WeeBrian wrote:
Quote:
On Feb 24, 2024, helder wrote:
Will it be available in Europe?

Helder

Now available in Europe from Tesmar Zauberartikel:
https://tesmarzauberartikel.de/en/detail......le/34745

Too late but thanks.

Helder
My version of Eddie fetcher "Be Honest What's it?" it's available at Penguin Magic
Check my Facebook group: Mentalism Secrets
Email: heldermagico@gmail.com
www.facebook.com/heldermagico
ArtIn
View Profile
Inner circle
1709 Posts

Profile of ArtIn
Quote:
On Feb 25, 2024, Paul Carnazzo wrote:
Quote:

Helder

Hi Helder,

There are currently no European suppliers, but I do ship worldwide.

I guess you knew that a sale through Murphys was planned?
If I knew this earlier I would have waited, bit frustrating (long shipping times and high customs fees).
Paul Carnazzo
View Profile
Inner circle
1177 Posts

Profile of Paul Carnazzo
Thanks for the support, reviews and kind words!

Murphys does now have this in stock so it should be available from your local dealers.

Feel free to reach out if there are any questions or if you need further information.

Best,

Paul
remember....always use your powers for good!

http://www.mentalvoyage.com
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
13015 Posts

Profile of John C
Quote:
On Mar 22, 2024, ArtIn wrote:
Quote:
Quote:

Helder

Hi Helder,

If I knew this earlier I would have waited, bit frustrating (long shipping times and high customs fees).

Dude, I've read several of your posts in the cafe today, I've come to the conclusion that you complain a lot. Calm down bro. Things happen.

Cheers
ponnt123
View Profile
New user
57 Posts

Profile of ponnt123
The Lookout2.0 has become my favorite wallet. I prefer viper wallet and Lookout2.0 wallet the most. This is a really cool way to peek without opening your wallet!
helder
View Profile
Inner circle
Portugal
1066 Posts

Profile of helder
Quote:
On Mar 22, 2024, ArtIn wrote:
Quote:
Quote:

Helder

Hi Helder,

Yeah, that's why I asked. To avoid customs, paying more and waiting more.

I'm still waiting for it, 3 weeks since shipping. And now it's available in Europe.
My version of Eddie fetcher "Be Honest What's it?" it's available at Penguin Magic
Paul Carnazzo
View Profile
Inner circle
1177 Posts

Profile of Paul Carnazzo
Helder,

I have you received the wallet? International shipping has been taking a little longer than usual.

If so, how do you like it?

gabelson
View Profile
Inner circle
conscientious observer
2137 Posts

Profile of gabelson
I just received my Lookout 2.0 yesterday, and I must say, I'm blown away. IMO, this is a game-changer. I always liked the first Lookout, and got a ton of use out of it, but to me, what takes this to another level is #1, the motivation behind the peek, #2, the design of the wallet and its mechanics, and #3, the quality of the wallet itself (which I'l get to in a minute).

I love the fact that as far as the spectator is concerned, the closed wallet leaves absolutely no way for you to see what's on the inside (their billet) and that in the simple action of removing a card from the outside to jot down what you're "receiving", you've gotten a full-card peek. If you've seen Paul's demo video, you know how clean it looks. I own some other wallets that also have the feature of getting your peek as you remove a card, but none as clean or well-motivated as this. Also- quite often, you buy a v2 of a product, and really, not much has been done to improve it. Again, being very familiar with the original Lookout, the tweaks that Paul has made, have revolutionized this wallet. From getting rid of the see-through plastic window the spec puts their face-down card back in, to making the magnets stronger, to holding more cards, to the outside pocket that holds a card you remove to duplicate their drawing (the biggest improvement), this is hands-down a EDC for me. Over the years, as I've developed as a mentalist, I've made a conscious decision to use fewer and fewer "props". For walk-around at parties, or table-hopping gigs, I now only carry a wallet, pen, business cards and a RD by Craig Filicetti. That wallet will now be my Lookout 2.0. I've performed 3-hour walk around gigs with just those tools. And at some strolling gigs, I'll go through 30-50 cards in one evening. This particular wallet will handle all 50 of them, whether you're using the peek feature, or not, which makes it absolutely perfect for my purposes. Even if you NEVER use the peek feature (which you will, because it's brilliant), the case itself looks gorgeous, and is a classy way to carry your cards.

Ok; as to the makings of the wallet itself... Of all the wallets I own (and I'm a wallet junkie), the Lookout 2.0 is made of by far the finest leather, and there's no contest. I'm including wallets I spent upwards of $300 on. In my collection, I have one wallet from the Secret Tannery, and the quality of their leather is the only thing that comes close. If you own a Secret Tannery wallet, you know of which I speak. The moment you open the box in which the Lookout 2.0 wallet arrives, the strong scent of fresh Napa leather wafts up, and (silly though it may sound), you can quite literally smell the quality. As much as Paul has talked about the leather, I actually think he's undersold how truly fine and soft it is. The stitching, as well, is perfect.

All in all, I couldn't be happier, and Lookout 2.0 will be with me at all times going forward.
Darby
View Profile
Loyal user
Los Angeles
249 Posts

Profile of Darby
Quote:
On May 9, 2024, gabelson wrote:
I just received my Lookout 2.0 yesterday, and I must say, I'm blown away. IMO, this is a game-changer. I always liked the first Lookout, and got a ton of use out of it, but to me, what takes this to another level is #1, the motivation behind the peek, #2, the design of the wallet and its mechanics, and #3, the quality of the wallet itself (which I'l get to in a minute).

I love the fact that as far as the spectator is concerned, the closed wallet leaves absolutely no way for you to see what's on the inside (their billet) and that in the simple action of removing a card from the outside to jot down what you're "receiving", you've gotten a full-card peek. If you've seen Paul's demo video, you know how clean it looks. I own some other wallets that also have the feature of getting your peek as you remove a card, but none as clean or well-motivated as this. Also- quite often, you buy a v2 of a product, and really, not much has been done to improve it. Again, being very familiar with the original Lookout, the tweaks that Paul has made, have revolutionized this wallet. From getting rid of the see-through plastic window the spec puts their face-down card back in, to making the magnets stronger, to holding more cards, to the outside pocket that holds a card you remove to duplicate their drawing (the biggest improvement), this is hands-down a EDC for me. Over the years, as I've developed as a mentalist, I've made a conscious decision to use fewer and fewer "props". For walk-around at parties, or table-hopping gigs, I now only carry a wallet, pen, business cards and a RD by Craig Filicetti. That wallet will now be my Lookout 2.0. I've performed 3-hour walk around gigs with just those tools. And at some strolling gigs, I'll go through 30-50 cards in one evening. This particular wallet will handle all 50 of them, whether you're using the peek feature, or not, which makes it absolutely perfect for my purposes. Even if you NEVER use the peek feature (which you will, because it's brilliant), the case itself looks gorgeous, and is a classy way to carry your cards.

Ok; as to the makings of the wallet itself... Of all the wallets I own (and I'm a wallet junkie), the Lookout 2.0 is made of by far the finest leather, and there's no contest. I'm including wallets I spent upwards of $300 on. In my collection, I have one wallet from the Secret Tannery, and the quality of their leather is the only thing that comes close. If you own a Secret Tannery wallet, you know of which I speak. The moment you open the box in which the Lookout 2.0 wallet arrives, the strong scent of fresh Napa leather wafts up, and (silly though it may sound), you can quite literally smell the quality. As much as Paul has talked about the leather, I actually think he's undersold how truly fine and soft it is. The stitching, as well, is perfect.

All in all, I couldn't be happier, and Lookout 2.0 will be with me at all times going forward.

What he said! I wholeheartedly agree!
Paul Carnazzo
View Profile
Inner circle
1177 Posts

Profile of Paul Carnazzo
Gabe,

Thanks for sharing your thoughts! I appreciate your thorough review, I'm glad you're happy with the wallet. I am extremely happy with the quality of these wallets.

Jared
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island, USA
1605 Posts

Profile of Jared
Gabe showed me the workings of the Lookout Wallet 2.0 the other night and I must say it's AMAZINGLY good! Even though I already had prior knowledge about the workings of the peek, it looked INCREDIBLY clean (It'll fly right past spectators!). Plus, as what was alreay mentioned, the quality of the leather is exceptional (buttery soft). Of course, this leaves me no alternative but to take out my credit card and buy one!! Smile
helder
View Profile
Inner circle
Portugal
1066 Posts

Profile of helder
Quote:
On Apr 13, 2024, Paul Carnazzo wrote:
Helder,

I have you received the wallet? International shipping has been taking a little longer than usual.

If so, how do you like it?

Hi Paul, thanks for asking.

Yeah I received it a few weeks ago.

I like it. As expected, the quality is excellent.

The only thing, and this is just a detail and my opinion, that I'd like is for it to fit a deck of cards. We could have a few business cards in the other pockets if we wanted to and a deck of cards in the main pocket. It fits but we can't close the wallet. It just needed to be a few millimeters wider, I think.

Helder
Alex DLF
View Profile
Inner circle
2009 Posts

Profile of Alex DLF
Hello guys! I just published my review here, this is a very nice evolution on the first version which I show in the video too Smile

https://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/view......orum=109
Get yourself Stamper and MONU, the perfect walkaround packet tricks: https://youtu.be/rwtfeKFeLms & https://youtu.be/yz5yKlI-4w8

Make sure to check my English review Channel! http://www.youtube.com/c/alexisreviews
Paul Carnazzo
View Profile
Inner circle
1177 Posts

Profile of Paul Carnazzo
Thanks for posting this Alex, I'm glad you're enjoying the Lookout 2.0!