The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: F/X :: Led tube for children's birthday shows (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
gotgot
View Profile
New user
79 Posts

Profile of gotgot
Hello,
I want to improve the visual of my children's birthday shows.
I'm thinking of asking the parents to make the room as dark as possible (not an issue where I live, people all have opaque blindfolds) and I'd bring some battery powered lights to light me and change the colors sometimes to create different moods. Also, maybe the kids are more focused if they are somewhat in the darker part of the room.

I'm considering two variants :
- 4 Led Tubes like on the picture (making a kind of square where the show happens, and the kids are sitting in front of this square)
- one or two vertical Led bars, like the beamz bbb243 (but it may be more trouble because there's no remote control and I'd need a battery powered control as well)

do you ask the room to be as dark as possible for your kid's birthday parties?
does anyone have some experience with a similar setup?
do you think it is a good idea? is it bright enough?
do you think it would actually work and be pretty? do you have other recommendations?
also any idea for a battery powered smoke machine that doesn't cost 4 figures?

thank you

Click here to view attached image.
znelson
View Profile
New user
Dallas, TX
51 Posts

Profile of znelson
I think the LED fixtures will be fine and perform well as they’re solid state and relatively simple. But I think you’ll be hard pressed to find a battery powered smoke machine, at least one that works well and has longevity. They simply require too much power to heat the fluid and a battery would likely not suffice. Not to say those units aren’t out there, I just wouldn’t trust them to work more than a few times. Plus any lithium battery-powered device may cause issues if you need to fly on a plane with it. There’s a size/density limit involved.