The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Tricky business :: Preferred call to action (5 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Fedora
View Profile
Special user
Arizona, usa
760 Posts

Profile of Fedora
What is it you are trying to get your prospect to do when they see your marketing?

Examples: call you at this number, email here, fill out this form, message here etc.

Up till now I have mainly presented email as the preferred action, this has a couple of issues,
for example, it is completely hands off, and I usually get them on the phone anyway,
making the email redundant.

Additionally, what do you want them to do on that contact? Are you trying to book them
instantly, send a proposal, "consultation" or something else?

I'm not asking anyone to give away their whole sales process, but based on the numbers,
my preferred call to action is the opposite of good.
MagicByVincent
View Profile
Veteran user
Staten Island, New York
332 Posts

Profile of MagicByVincent
I’m curious about this as well!
Smile Smile Smile Magic is all around us we just have to be willing to see it.
TomBoleware
View Profile
Inner circle
Hattiesburg, Ms
3169 Posts

Profile of TomBoleware
I say make it as simple as possible for them to book the show. Offer email, calling, or buying directly from your website. If your website is up to par, many will just book the show from there with very few questions. Others will want more information by calling you, and some had rather do business by email, or text. Give em choices. Make it easy for them.

As for as the Call to Action. The call to action can be in the form of a button, a link, or a simple sentence that prompts the audience to take action. However, in order for a call to action to be effective, it must be carefully crafted and strategically placed. It’s generally a rule of thumb to only have one CTA, but that rule is not always to be followed. It may take more than one.

The key is to come up with good action phrases to entice clients to reach out to you. And remember, your call-to-action phrase should be clear, concise, and compelling. It should motivate potential clients to take action and book your show, and it should clearly communicate the benefits of doing so.

To get'em on the phone I personally like something like “Call Now to See If Your Date Is Available” (This does a couple of things, it makes them feel like the call is to only check dates and it's not a sales call. It also lets them know that you are busy with shows and you’re in demand)

Hope that gets you thinking.

Tom
Fedora
View Profile
Special user
Arizona, usa
760 Posts

Profile of Fedora
Thanks for the input Tom, giving a number of options is certainly good for those folks who are
adverse to certain things.

I once had a client who said she chose to book me over others because I didn't use a booking form on my website,
I kid you not.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21271 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
I’m betting she was trouble if she was unwilling to fill out the very form that allows you to best serve her needs.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Fedora
View Profile
Special user
Arizona, usa
760 Posts

Profile of Fedora
Luckily there wasn't any problems, she just seemed like someone who wanted to keep
things as straight forward as possible. Called on the phone, paid in cash as I recall,
liked things really simple.
Close.Up.Dave
View Profile
Inner circle
Behind you!
2956 Posts

Profile of Close.Up.Dave
Having a good call to action is something that you need to learn to get good at, and over a wide variety of contexts.

You can technically have a CTA on your biz card, when you meet someone, on a website, on a form page, etc.

What are you selling?

Why should they ACTUALLY reach out to you? Or do what you're asking them to do?

Is it simple to do?

Do they need to view the page or situation multiple times before doing it?

On the one hand, you want to be thoughtful on each time you do a CTA. But you also can't get hung up on each situation either. Create your own language for it and stick to it.