The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Grand illusion :: A question re Jim Steinmeyer's Op Art illusion (1 Like) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
AllenChilver
View Profile
New user
37 Posts

Profile of AllenChilver
I am in the process of acquiring an Op Art illusion. May I ask for members' help with the following.

Is anyone aware of any books, articles, or other media that discusses the nuances of getting the most out of the effect? I'm not talking about any instructions and guidelines that are supplied with the prop, and I'm certainly not inviting a discussion on methods. I'm asking about plot points, the storyline, misdirection, timing, scripting, sequencing, things to avoid.

I already have Steinmeyer's "Technique and Understanding" with its amazing "Lectures on Illusion" chapter. I'm really interested to find out whether there is similar material out there that is specific to Op Art.

Thank you.
collective foundry
View Profile
Inner circle
1404 Posts

Profile of collective foundry
Mark Kalin might be able to offer some advice (his performance was so much fun to watch), ENDOVI, John Taylor to name a few and of course Jim Steinmeyer himself (Beyond His writings).
AllenChilver
View Profile
New user
37 Posts

Profile of AllenChilver
Quote:
On Feb 19, 2024, collective foundry wrote:
Mark Kalin might be able to offer some advice (his performance was so much fun to watch), ENDOVI, John Taylor to name a few and of course Jim Steinmeyer himself (Beyond His writings).

Thank you. I shall follow up on those suggestions