The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The Magic Café Tech Help Area :: Password Issue (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Kaliix
View Profile
Inner circle
Connecticut
1999 Posts

Profile of Kaliix
Somehow the password that I have had for years is now not working to sign me in. I can't change my password without knowing the old one so I can't sign in at work. Can someone help me reset my password?

Thanks,
Kaliix
The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance; it is the illusion of knowledge.
~Daniel J. Boorstin
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
4860 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
There is no reason why your password would not work however, it's easy to change it. You don't need to know the old one in order to change it. Just click on the lost password button in the top right corner of the page. A temporary one will be sent to your email address.
Where the magic begins
Kaliix
View Profile
Inner circle
Connecticut
1999 Posts

Profile of Kaliix
How did I not know, or even look for, a password reset feature for the Cafe?

Sorry to have wasted your time but thanks for pointing me in the obvious right direction.
The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance; it is the illusion of knowledge.
~Daniel J. Boorstin
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
4860 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
No problem. Not a waste of my time
Where the magic begins
James927
View Profile
Regular user
Nor Cal
164 Posts

Profile of James927
I just had the same issue. I reset my password but was only allowed to use a MagicCafe generated password. I don't see an option to change it to one I choose. Any ideas?
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
4860 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
When you reset your password, do you mean you followed my instructions above and clicked on the lost password button? If so, you should have received an email with the temporary password. You need to follow the instructions in that email. You can't just go to the log in page and enter the Cafe password. Once you follow the instructions, you can change the password to whatever you want.
Where the magic begins