The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: New to magic? :: Lorayne's MAGIC BOOK now out of print? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
karnak
View Profile
Special user
Connecticut
750 Posts

Profile of karnak
Quick question: is Harry Lorayne's classic THE MAGIC BOOK currently out of print?

Used copies are fairly readily available, of course (although often at a premium price).

But are brand-new copies now largely unavailable -- other than perhaps from a few dealers who might still happen to have lingering "new old stock" on hand?

Not looking to buy a copy (I have one already), but just curious about the fate of this excellent standard work.

Amazon doesn't offer new copies of it for sale. Harry's own website lists it as "sold out" (both $90 hardcover and $17 softcover). Vanishing Inc Magic lists it as "possibly discontinued." Penguin Magic lists it as "out of stock" and "discontinued."

(Amazon has a pricey second-party re-seller offering a used hardcover copy for $80. Abe Books has a used copy for $78.)
For a supernatural chiller mixing magic (prestidigitation, legerdemain) with Magic (occultism, mysticism), check out my novel MAGIC: AN OCCULT THRILLER at http://www.amazon.com/Magic-Occult-Thriller-Reed-Hall/dp/1453874836
sammagic
View Profile
New user
71 Posts

Profile of sammagic
Ah, the quest for a new copy of "THE MAGIC BOOK" by Harry Lorayne is turning out to be a real magic trick itself, huh? From what you've said and what I've seen, snagging a new one is pretty much a no-go, with only those pricey used copies up for grabs.

Funny thing, if you're itching to have it without dropping too much cash, there's a workaround. Ever thought about just getting it printed yourself? I looked into how to print a book a while back for a different project and found out it can be way more affordable than hunting down an overpriced used copy.