The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Nothing up my sleeve... :: Coin thru hand (1 Like) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
7034 Posts

Profile of magicfish
Hey folks. Is anybody out there currently performing a coin thru hand routine?
I studied the one from Milt Kort. I love it. I'm not ready to perform it yet. Which ones are you doing? Which ones do you love? Who is doing the best one right now? Who is it? Is there one I can watch? Is there one I should study that I have not discovered?
Thankyou
NicholasD25
View Profile
Veteran user
382 Posts

Profile of NicholasD25
Ray Kosby’s Silver and Bone is one of my favorites. It’s on his Impossible Close Up Magic dvd. You can see the routine on the trailer.
Tom G
View Profile
Inner circle
2897 Posts

Profile of Tom G
Ross Bertram had a version, I think, in Stars of Magic.
tonsofquestions
View Profile
Inner circle
1813 Posts

Profile of tonsofquestions
There are so many. I don't know which you've studied, so it's.hard to say which others you should check out. But just off the top of my head, I know Zee, Sankey, and Craig Petty all have ones that are pretty good.
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9538 Posts

Profile of Mb217
I remember that old bit of the coin going through the hand. Funny though, when people do their various versions of Gadabout Coins (including in my own take on it), that’s the one part that they usually leave out. Interesting. Smile
*Check out my latest: Gifts From The Old Country: A Mini-Magic Book, MBs Mini-Lecture on Coin Magic, The MB Tanspo PLUS, MB's Morgan, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
old things in new ways - new things in old ways
9997 Posts

Profile of funsway
I have one in my TapThreeTimes routine on lybrary.com send me an email
"the more one pretends at magic, the more awe and wonder will be found in real life." Arnold Furst

eBooks at https://www.lybrary.com/ken-muller-m-579928.html questions at ken@eversway.com
GJo
View Profile
Loyal user
283 Posts

Profile of GJo
Quote:
On Jan 28, 2024, Mb217 wrote:
I remember that old bit of the coin going through the hand. Funny though, when people do their various versions of Gadabout Coins (including in my own take on it), that’s the one part that they usually leave out. Interesting. Smile

This.

If you perform Coin Thru the Hand for non-friends-and-family spectators, let us know the reaction you receive.

I find Coin Thru the Table more interesting because of the sound misdirection aspect.
mindmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1743 Posts

Profile of mindmagic
I've used a couple from Hugard's "Modern Magic Manual", a book that I'm constantly recommending. It's in the public domain, so there are free downloads available if you can't find a hard copy.
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
7034 Posts

Profile of magicfish
Where can I see the Sankey Routine?
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27302 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Ross Bertram and John Ramsay did some interesting versions of the trick.
For one coin - the "Mystic Coins"
For a "four coin" (ordeal?) the Roth ] routine with the coins set on the back of a hand.
For a bunch at once - the cap and pence.

hope that helps Smile
...to all the coins I've dropped here
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
7034 Posts

Profile of magicfish
I'm interested in just a single coin version.a la Milt Kort.
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9538 Posts

Profile of Mb217
This is quite a bit updated from the days of Milt Kort, but interesting method(s) just the same, still that of good old SOH. The first one is quite nicely done…Think Milt Kort and many others from that day would be quite impressed. Smile

https://youtu.be/FKcKmY52M-w?si=D-vONu5TBqUI9YlZ
*Check out my latest: Gifts From The Old Country: A Mini-Magic Book, MBs Mini-Lecture on Coin Magic, The MB Tanspo PLUS, MB's Morgan, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
7034 Posts

Profile of magicfish
Nice Stuff!