The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! :: Gimmicked decks that look old / vintage. (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
oombob
View Profile
Special user
Canada
846 Posts

Profile of oombob
Is there anywhere to find a vintage/aged looking deck (Bicycle Vintage Playing Cards for eg.) that have been gimmicked?
I figure there would be a pretty good market for say a vintage/aged “pop-eyed popper” or “one-way forcing” deck.
Do these exist?

Any suggestions appreciated.
Joshua J
View Profile
Inner circle
1075 Posts

Profile of Joshua J
There have been plenty of bicycle decks printed to look old that usually come with a couple of gaffs, double facers, blanks, etc. but they usually look naff in my opinion. They don't ever look old as it's digital aging, so each card gets the same treatment, so they look the same. They also still have the bright white age where the cards have been cut. So you still have to age then yourself.

There are recreations of old decks like at
https://www.expertsatthecrafttable.com/

Card shark used to do a couple, but not sure if they still do. The other option is just to find old decks on eBay that have been used and gone through that browning to the edges where they are handled.
MagicByVincent
View Profile
Veteran user
Staten Island, New York
331 Posts

Profile of MagicByVincent
Matthew wright just put out a new trick called Deadman’s hand which is on preorder right now the deluxe addition comes with a vintage looking deck that I believe is marked.
Smile Smile Smile Magic is all around us we just have to be willing to see it.
oombob
View Profile
Special user
Canada
846 Posts

Profile of oombob
Thanks. It’s challenging when a gimmicked deck requires 26 of the same card (or something along those lines) to find that available in anything but new bicycle format. I guess it is left to the individual to age those bikes!