The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Not very magical, still... :: Bob Seegar and the Silver Bullet Band have been running through my head for the last couple of month (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2889 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Https://imgur.com/a/w5oLtZe

For those of you who don't know, the song "Like A Rock," by Bob Seegar and the Silver Bullet Band (pretty well known for being used in a truck commercial) also has a sad sequence near the end where the character is reflecting on his life and says; "20 years, where'd they go? 20 years, I don't know."

Here I am... 20 years after answering the phone and accepting a job from Walmart "for the holidays."
"...and if you're too afraid of goin' astray, you won't go anywhere." - Granny Weatherwax
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16552 Posts

Profile of tommy
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2889 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
I remember Harry Chapin doing a song about working in a car wash. (Honest work, but I'm glad I never had to do it.) And one of the lines got changed in my head to; "Now I've got those, thoroughly depressing, low down, mind messing, working here at Wal Mart blue!" I always wondered, if I concentrated enough, could I take the whole song and "Weird Al" it!
"...and if you're too afraid of goin' astray, you won't go anywhere." - Granny Weatherwax
Mindpro
View Profile
Eternal Order
10615 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
That was Jim Croce - Working At The Car Wash Blues.
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2889 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Quote:
On Jan 22, 2024, Mindpro wrote:
That was Jim Croce - Working At The Car Wash Blues.

That's right! I screwed up. Thanks!
Mark Boody Illusionist
View Profile
Inner circle
1368 Posts

Profile of Mark Boody Illusionist
I love Bob Seger's music! My favorite has to be "The Famous Final Scene" from the Stranger In Town album.

For those who are unfamiliar with this song, here you go.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnrhX9e9CkI
Only he who can see the invisible can do the impossible. Frank L. Gaines
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2889 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Quote:
On Jan 23, 2024, Mark Boody Illusionist wrote:
I love Bob Seger's music! My favorite has to be "The Famous Final Scene" from the Stranger In Town album.

For those who are unfamiliar with this song, here you go.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnrhX9e9CkI

I don't have a large collection of ANYONE'S music. Bob Seger, it's a "Greatest Hits" album that I play to death! But THAT was a trip! The man has a way to paint pictures with lyrics.
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta by way of Detroit
6142 Posts

Profile of motown
It's hard to be from Detroit and not be a Seger fan, I was big time.
I saw him many times over the years at Cobo Hall, where "Live Bullet" was recored, and Pine Knob Music Center.
I worked for Campbell-Ewald, the advertising agency that handled the Chevy account, when Like A Rock"
was being used for Chevy trucks.

Growing up when I did, Seger's music was the song book of our lives. I'm still a fan after all these years.
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain