The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: New to magic? :: Looking for a Fork Bending trick (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Jeid
View Profile
New user
5 Posts

Profile of Jeid
Hello,

There is a magician in my town that does this fork bend, sometimes with borrowed fork!!! He "visually" bends it, then straightens it back!!! gives it out - ha ha - you cannot bend it yourself! Takes it back, and bends it again... it looks so sick as if the fork becomes liquid but then solidifies and does not bend anymore... I am 99% sure there is a switch involved, and no borrowed forks are actually hurt. I can do the same trick with a coin, but a coin is easier to palm and ditch than a fork!

Is this a commercially available trick? Does anyone know if it's in a book or a DVD?

Thanks,
davidpaul$
View Profile
Inner circle
Georgetown, South Carolina
3102 Posts

Profile of davidpaul$
Morgan Strebler Liquid Metal Dvd.
Guilt will betray you before technique betrays you!
Jeid
View Profile
New user
5 Posts

Profile of Jeid
Quote:
On Jan 17, 2024, davidpaul$ wrote:
Morgan Strebler Liquid Metal Dvd.

No, doesn't look like Liquid Metal. Liquid Metal completely destroys the fork. But the one I mean is more of a switch, and the fork is much sturdier than the ones that are needed for Liquid Metal...
aoakden
View Profile
New user
59 Posts

Profile of aoakden
Maybe have a chat with the magician performing the bend. I know some people can feel challenged by other performers, but it can't hurt to try and start a conversation and talk shop.
Jeid
View Profile
New user
5 Posts

Profile of Jeid
Quote:
On Feb 7, 2024, aoakden wrote:
Maybe have a chat with the magician performing the bend. I know some people can feel challenged by other performers, but it can't hurt to try and start a conversation and talk shop.

Exactly why I'm here... the conversation went something like this:
Me: As one magician to another magician, I like your fork trick, is there anywhere I can learn it? Maybe a DVD, or a book?
Him: No! I am the only one in the world who does this trick!!!
Me: *in awe*
Him: Have you also seen my very unique and completely original rope trick?
Me: *even in greater awe*
Him: *performs multiple phase cut and restored rope trick I've seen done by Pop Haydn, Richard Sanders, David Williamson and some stages even myself*
So... If a rope trick can be sourced back to a book and couple DVDs, I was hoping the fork trick as well Smile
Wravyn
View Profile
Inner circle
3560 Posts

Profile of Wravyn
Wasn't there a silverware bend in Magic with Everday Objects by George Schindler or in The Magic Book by Harry Lorayne? Without seeing a performance Jeid describes,"He "visually" bends it, then straightens it back!!!", to me, sounds like the illusion taught in one of those beginning magic books.
aoakden
View Profile
New user
59 Posts

Profile of aoakden
Quote:
On Feb 20, 2024, Jeid wrote:
Quote:
On Feb 7, 2024, aoakden wrote:

Exactly why I'm here... the conversation went something like this:
Me: As one magician to another magician, I like your fork trick, is there anywhere I can learn it? Maybe a DVD, or a book?
Him: No! I am the only one in the world who does this trick!!!
Me: *in awe*
Him: Have you also seen my very unique and completely original rope trick?
Me: *even in greater awe*
Him: *performs multiple phase cut and restored rope trick I've seen done by Pop Haydn, Richard Sanders, David Williamson and some stages even myself*
So... If a rope trick can be sourced back to a book and couple DVDs, I was hoping the fork trick as well Smile

Well, sorry to here that. Just like in the rest of the world, there are some !@#$%^& egotistical magicians out there.
Jeid
View Profile
New user
5 Posts

Profile of Jeid
Quote:
On Feb 21, 2024, Wravyn wrote:
Wasn't there a silverware bend in Magic with Everday Objects by George Schindler or in The Magic Book by Harry Lorayne? Without seeing a performance Jeid describes,"He "visually" bends it, then straightens it back!!!", to me, sounds like the illusion taught in one of those beginning magic books.

That's right, this looked like the same method as in many of the books and videos where a pre-bent object appears to be bent in real time... But the switch! I was hoping there is a book or a dvd that teaches a large object spellbound move or something, which can be applied to forks and spoons.