The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Tricky business :: Production costs for card decks (15 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
Daniel Ulzen
View Profile
Elite user
Berlin/Germany
498 Posts

Profile of Daniel Ulzen
Thanks for the information.

About two months ago, I emailed a very large playing card company in Germany/Europe and asked for a price for a very large print run of card decks and received no reply. Maybe they didn't want to disclose the cost per deck itself.

In the meantime, the Euro stores (one dollar stores) in Germany are selling cheap poker card decks again. Two decks of cards (each shrink-wrapped together in one card box ) for a total of 1.50 euros. The quality of the cards is ok for normal customers. Apparently the production costs per deck can't be that high after all.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21275 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
What do you consider to be a “very large” print run? Because I bet that store buys hundreds of thousands of units.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Daniel Ulzen
View Profile
Elite user
Berlin/Germany
498 Posts

Profile of Daniel Ulzen
"What do you consider to be a "very large" print run?"

A five- or six-digit number of card decks.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21275 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Pretty vague lol. That answer encompasses anywhere from 10,000 to 999,999.

Two VERY different numbers and prices lol.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Daniel Ulzen
View Profile
Elite user
Berlin/Germany
498 Posts

Profile of Daniel Ulzen
Whether there were 50,000 or 500,000 decks of card decks in the request - there was no response.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21275 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
With all due respect if you request encompassed that large a difference and you were not a gigantic company I’d ignore it also.

Perhaps they want You to have a history of selling large amounts of cards so as to avoid tire kickers.

For example an email from Wal Mart asking how much it would cost to get 500,000 decks a month printed would probably not go unanswered.

Often those who deal exclusively with business to business transactions don’t want to deal with these inquiries. It is not uncommon at all.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
TomBoleware
View Profile
Inner circle
Hattiesburg, Ms
3170 Posts

Profile of TomBoleware
Daniel, I think your best bet will probably be to check out some of the printers that print adverting material. They too print playing cards. For example, you can get custom playing cards with your business logo from 4imprint USA cheap for .95 in a lot of 10,000. And I'm sure they would deal with you on a larger lot without a logo. There are lots of advertising printers out there. And I would even talk to a local printer and maybe they could point you to the right place.

Tom
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21275 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Advertising printers is actually not a horrible idea. Prices and quality will vary but they do want the business.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus