The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Trick coin trickery :: Four in one st Morgan dollar by JC magic (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Paris
View Profile
Regular user
Paris
112 Posts

Profile of Paris
Took the plunge. Recently sold a Jamie school craft 3CM coin set that I was not using. After a couple of weeks wanted to play around with a routine "coin flurry". On amazon they advertised a 4 in 1 stacking set. the reviews were mixed. What would you expect for $25. Well I am pleasantly surprised. The Shells fit perfectly. Despite 3 shells barely visible when stacked together. There is some noise with closing the shell. Will likely buy some Tango teflon tabs. They are not made of silver. They are Fake coins. But a great gimmick to play with . Would recommend.
john oleson
View Profile
Loyal user
296 Posts

Profile of john oleson
Just went to Amazon ... coin sets look great! Thx for post.
inigmntoya
View Profile
Inner circle
DC area native, now in Atlanta
2356 Posts

Profile of inigmntoya
These?

https://a.co/d/80uzp9b

I'm not a fan.
First off they're using the name "Blu-ther" which is trying to trade off the much better Bluether brand.
Second, they look like cr*p compared to real Morgans or Bluethers replicas.
Paris
View Profile
Regular user
Paris
112 Posts

Profile of Paris
I agree that they clearly are not replicas for real Morgan’s. Most spectators won’t appreciate the difference. The shell quality is really quite good. For the price it’s a deal. You won’t feel too bad when you drop your gimmick.
tonsofquestions
View Profile
Inner circle
1813 Posts

Profile of tonsofquestions
You're both right. They're a surprisingly good for the price point. There are far better sets out there, but considering how cheap they are, it's excellent value.
However, I (1) wish they didn't try to match existing coins (badly), it would have been better to use a new coin rather than "pretend" to be Morgans, and (2) it's particularly poor form to use a name that is (intentionally) misleadingly similar to a brand that has higher quality and materials.

I'm also pretty sure this is still just Oliver magic, who has been known to rip off work from other creators, without attribution, credit, or royalties - even if this one is generic enough not to fall into that category.

But in the end it's your call as to whether you want to want to continue to support them.
GJo
View Profile
Loyal user
283 Posts

Profile of GJo
I received a TCC Artisan knock-off Morgan dollar as a gift (I guess) for an order I placed.

It looks really good. It's in "uncirculated" condition. I have no idea if it could be softened, and I'm not inclined to try.

If they sell a four shell set, I imagine the coins look very good.
tonsofquestions
View Profile
Inner circle
1813 Posts

Profile of tonsofquestions
I too consider the TCC Morgans to be good quality - very similar to real Morgans, and much higher quality than the Oliver/JC Magic ones.

If they sold a four shell set, then I would probably recommend it. Unfortunately, this is a different manufacturer, and the workmanship is not at all comparable to that of TCC.
Paris
View Profile
Regular user
Paris
112 Posts

Profile of Paris
I agree with all. Having Jamie School craft coins and coins made by Roy these are clearly poor replicas. But, the shells stack as well as my Schoolcraft coins. Despite 3 shells they cover really nicely. I had dropped by Schoolcraft coins many times and need to tend to the shell. For $25 dollars it's ok if they drop. In doing a standup coin routine the average spectator has likely not seen a Morgan Silver dollar recently and it will fly by them.
TTT
View Profile
New user
17 Posts

Profile of TTT
Quote:
On Jan 16, 2024, GJo wrote:
I received a TCC Artisan knock-off Morgan dollar as a gift (I guess) for an order I placed.

It looks really good. It's in "uncirculated" condition. I have no idea if it could be softened, and I'm not inclined to try.

If they sell a four shell set, I imagine the coins look very good.

I bought 4 of those replica Morgans from TCC. I like the weight and sound of those coins. Maybe too shiny and new for my taste but overall decent replicas.

Click here to view attached image.