The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Tricky business :: Interesting News Article - Paul Stanley (1 Like) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Mindpro
View Profile
Eternal Order
10615 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
This a is a very interesting article. Even if you are not a Kiss fan, this isn't really about them but something much bigger. If you don't want to read the entire thing just read the first two paragraphs. It is so applicable here. This is something I say and have always believed.

People ask me how the online world, the internet, and social media has affected or impacted our industry and business, this is a very major element. This is even more applicable as it related to forums and communities such as this here and especially Tricky Business forum, without even getting to the whole global thing he gets to.

A good read with some solid thoughts based on an inside and industry perspective.

https://blabbermouth.net/news/paul-stanl......is-world
TomBoleware
View Profile
Inner circle
Hattiesburg, Ms
3170 Posts

Profile of TomBoleware
That was an interesting article and I completely agree that when it comes to news broadcasters, we no longer get the real facts with the news. Each network likes to put their own spin on it and in doing so we no longer get the full truth. It’s sad it’s reached this point really.

I agree that the internet, social media, and magic forums like this one has changed the magic industry, but I would say that it has helped much more than it has hurt. Magicians are finding work from being on the internet and some are finding helpful information right here on the Magic Cafe every day.

As for as the forums, I don’t believe that a magic forum should or can be held to the same standards that a news network should have. Or always censoring to shut out certain members simply because they sometimes have a different point of view. While having the cold hard facts are a good thing in some instances, a discussion forum is not always the best place to find nothing but the facts. A discussion forum is not just a platform for sharing information and facts. It is a powerful tool that can help drive growth by facilitating the exchange of experiences, opinions, and different ideas. When people come together in a discussion forum, they bring with them a wealth of diverse knowledge and expertise that can be shared with others. We don’t come here to read a book written by a select few. We come here to listen, assimilate our thoughts, discuss, and share our own opinions, thoughts, and ideas. Respectfully disagreeing with each other is fine, but constantly demanding that one side is right or wrong is not. Much like a coin, there is always two sides to a story. What works for one may not work for someone else, and it certainly may not work for everyone.

The concept of a working idea is subjective, and what may be considered a fact to one person may not necessarily be the same for another. This is because our individual experiences, beliefs, and perspectives shape how we perceive and interpret information. It is important to recognize that what we consider to be facts are often based on our biases, assumptions, and preconceived notions. For instance, a person who has grown up in a particular culture may have different beliefs and values from someone who has grown up in a different culture.

I could say Kiss is a big-name band and that would be a ‘fact’ to all of us. But if I say Kiss sang great songs, while that may be a ‘fact’ to me, it could be far from the truth for others. Facts also change over time. What worked great in business a few years back may not be idea today.

Throughout my entire business career, I have come to realize that success is not solely based on hard work and dedication, but also on the ability to adapt and work around the facts presented to us. As a businessman, I have faced numerous challenges and obstacles that have tested my resilience and creativity. There were times when I had to make tough decisions and take calculated risks that were not necessarily aligned with the facts, but rather with my gut instincts and intuition.

I believe that in order to succeed in any industry, including magic, one must possess the ability to think outside the box and find innovative ways to overcome obstacles. As a result, I have learned to be resourceful and flexible in my approach to problem-solving. I have also come to recognize that sometimes, the facts presented to us may not always be accurate or complete, sometimes it is up to us as business leaders to gather additional information thorough research to ensure that we make informed decisions. But in the end, we have to choose our own path to take and stop depending on others to lead us all the way. The choice is always ours.

Tom
Mindpro
View Profile
Eternal Order
10615 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
Only Tom would respond to an article titled "Keep Your Opinion To Yourself" with his own nearly 700 word opinion.
TomBoleware
View Profile
Inner circle
Hattiesburg, Ms
3170 Posts

Profile of TomBoleware
LOL…..Only Mindpro would respond to an article first and then say I shouldn’t.

Tom
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21275 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
He never said you shouldn’t.

He just pointed out the irony is all.

Try to spin it all you want Tom but fact is you did exactly what he said and took almost 700 words to say nothing of value.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
TomBoleware
View Profile
Inner circle
Hattiesburg, Ms
3170 Posts

Profile of TomBoleware
Actually, I was responding to his post where he said the article was “related to forums and communities such as this here and especially Tricky Business forum” I personally don’t think it’s a fair comparison.

But if you want to talk about the ‘article’ and nothing of value, let me tell you a little about it. First, it’s written on a place called ‘Blabbermouth’ It’s written by a guy who paints his face and wears lipstick. He is sharing his ‘opinion’ about why others shouldn’t share their ‘opinion’ on the internet. This guy has been in trouble more than once for sharing his opinion. Still, I do agree with him about the news networks being a little more truthfully in their reporting. That would be great if they did. But I think they are allowed to do it by calling it free speech. They tell us we are not forced to watch, and we can change the channel anytime we want.

But unlike the news networks, this here is a private Cafe where you don’t have to show your photo id, you don’t have to use your real name, you can just come here drink coffee and share your thoughts with others. And we can do it all without some clown suggesting we shouldn't. Or being harassed, or having every little word counted. I think that’s a great set up. Don’t y’all?

Tom
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21275 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
A wise man sprays because he has something to say. Fools because they have to say something.

Sorry to tell you but the exact freedom you want to spout drivel gives everyone the same freedom to explain why what is said is nonsense. I think that is a great set up don’t you?

Mind you it would be better if people acted like adults and didn’t bloviate just because they can’t help themselves.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21275 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Quote:
On Jan 7, 2024, Dannydoyle wrote:
A wise man sprays because he has something to say. Fools because they have to say something.

Sorry to tell you but the exact freedom you want to spout drivel gives everyone the same freedom to explain why what is said is nonsense. I think that is a great set up don’t you?

Mind you it would be better if people acted like adults and didn’t bloviate just because they can’t help themselves.

A VERY wise man would have checked to make sure autocorrect didn’t attack his posting. (Wanna guess who that wasn’t? I’ll give you a hint… it rhymes with Danny Doyle.)

Speaks, not sprays. Oye.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
Fedora
View Profile
Special user
Arizona, usa
760 Posts

Profile of Fedora
Quote:
(Wanna guess who that wasn't? I'll give you a hint... it rhymes with Danny Doyle.)

Fanny Hoyle?
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21275 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Quote:
On Jan 7, 2024, Fedora wrote:
Quote:
(Wanna guess who that wasn't? I'll give you a hint... it rhymes with Danny Doyle.)

Fanny Hoyle?

We have a winner!!!!!!

I was less embarrassed by my own poor spelling than what autocorrect thinks I’m trying to spell.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus