The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The Magic Café Tech Help Area :: Books & lecture notes for sale or trade... forum issue (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
David Todd
View Profile
Inner circle
2334 Posts

Profile of David Todd
Https://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/view......um=78&37

The 'Books & lecture notes for sale or trade...' forum only has one page. So any books or lecture notes posted for sale soon get knocked off the page and are no longer visible, even though the item has not sold yet. That seems like it is not intentional, because the 'Tricks & effects for sale or trade...' forum has multiple pages. Just wanted to know if you're aware of that happening in the 'Books & lecture notes for sale or trade...' forum ?

(for example: I posted a book for sale onlylast week that is no longer visible in 'Books & lecture notes for sale or trade...' even though it did not sell yet. As soon as an item I have posted is sold I always make a post to note that it is Sold and I also use the 'Report Post' function , so the mods can delete the sold item.)
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
4860 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
David, please read the rules for our let's make a deal forum.
Quote:
Because items are often sold or traded quickly, members may occasionally forget to post that the transaction is complete. To conserve bandwidth and avoid confusion, posts will be automatically removed 7 days from the original insertion date.
This has also been asked many times before. Posts in those areas remain for 7 days from the date of the original post regardless of whether the item has sold or not. If it is removed, you can repost it for another 7 days.

As for the number of pages in each forum, we have no control over the number of items put up for sale. Some days are heavy and others are light. Since I personally look at every post everyday in Let's make a deal, I can tell you that there have been far less posts in the book section than in the past but as I said that could change at any time.
Where the magic begins
David Todd
View Profile
Inner circle
2334 Posts

Profile of David Todd
Ok, thanks for explaining that.