The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Finger/stage manipulation :: Not Vernet's thumb flame (1 Like) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Steve in MN
View Profile
New user
North Carolina
31 Posts

Profile of Steve in MN
Decades ago I got my hands on a tip that had a wick on the nail side and a lighter flint wheel attached behind it. It has long been lost. Does anyone know what I'm talking about and where I can get a new one?
>It's impossible to make anything foolproof because fools are so ingenious - Mark Twain
David Todd
View Profile
Inner circle
2334 Posts

Profile of David Todd
Hmmmmm... I don't remember one with a lighter flint wheel. I had U.F. Grant's "Candle-Lite". Just a Metal TT with a hole drilled for a wick. The inside had a cotton ball soaked in lighter fluid (and the wick would get soaked in the lighter fluid , too ... but to avoid it drying out before performance it is best kept inside a sealed jar or sealed plastic bag to prevent evaporation.

Click here to view attached image.
Steve in MN
View Profile
New user
North Carolina
31 Posts

Profile of Steve in MN
The one you show is essentially the Vernet one. I don't remember, but I think perhaps this was a Paul Diamond special. At the very least, that's where I'm sure I got it.
>It's impossible to make anything foolproof because fools are so ingenious - Mark Twain
FrankFindley
View Profile
Inner circle
1047 Posts

Profile of FrankFindley
May be a Kikuchi Thumb Tip Fire type item. These were very popular for cigarette manipulation acts back when those were more common. They could be set up to produce a fickle fire type flame with a vanishing silk. Originally they were a separate piece that attached onto a thumb tip. But later some integrated them inside.
Steve in MN
View Profile
New user
North Carolina
31 Posts

Profile of Steve in MN
Frank, do you have any idea where I can get one, or at least see if that's the one?
FrankFindley
View Profile
Inner circle
1047 Posts

Profile of FrankFindley
Quote:
On Dec 10, 2023, Steve in MN wrote:
Frank, do you have any idea where I can get one, or at least see if that's the one?

Last time I saw Kikuchi items on the market they were being sold by SEO magic. So you could reach out to Daisuke Seo.

You could also reach out to Rick Haslett at A House of Fire (https://ahouseoffire.com/). I doubt there is any fire magic that one of those two gentlemen wouldn't know about.
David Todd
View Profile
Inner circle
2334 Posts

Profile of David Todd
Quote:
On Dec 8, 2023, Steve in MN wrote:
Decades ago I got my hands on a tip that had a wick on the nail side and a lighter flint wheel attached behind it. It has long been lost. Does anyone know what I'm talking about and where I can get a new one?

Is it THIS item ?

I came across this totally by accident today while looking for something else , but it looks like your description of the item you're looking for.
Steve in MN
View Profile
New user
North Carolina
31 Posts

Profile of Steve in MN
David, that is the closest to what I'm describing. If I'm not wrong, your device blows out a flash paper flame. However, I would think I could adapt it with a wick and cotton pad that would give a constant flame at any time.
Thanks!
David Todd
View Profile
Inner circle
2334 Posts

Profile of David Todd
Quote:
On Dec 21, 2023, Steve in MN wrote:
David, that is the closest to what I'm describing. If I'm not wrong, your device blows out a flash paper flame. However, I would think I could adapt it with a wick and cotton pad that would give a constant flame at any time.
Thanks!

Yes, check this out - https://www.theatrefx.com/moreinfo-mg05-finger-flame.html