The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: All in the cards :: DO as I DO vs DO as I DO (4 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Pyppo100
View Profile
Regular user
180 Posts

Profile of Pyppo100
I find "DO as I DO" performed with two decks of cards more powerful than performing it with only one deck.

What do you think?

Thanks!

Best regards
aposjf12
View Profile
New user
New York City
96 Posts

Profile of aposjf12
I completely agree. The image of the identical cards is much more powerful than two cards of the same value and color. Still a stunner with a single deck but with two the effects becomes much more impossible from a psychological point
psychoweb
View Profile
New user
6 Posts

Profile of psychoweb
I find that the two-deck version can be very powerful at the cost of justifying the extra deck in play. This might not be a problem for many but I think it's worth mentioning.

The single deck version, on the other hand, feels more casual and improbable in its own way. The objective in this case is to "educate" the spectator to the concept of the twin card. If it's a new thing for them the effect may lose some of its magic because the reaction does need to process the new information just teached.
Pyppo100
View Profile
Regular user
180 Posts

Profile of Pyppo100
With a single deck of cards I perform the effect explained in the book Scarne On Card Tricks but with the variant suggested by Jerskin at the following link which however requires a set up:

https://themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopi......orum=206

What do you think?

Which version do you play with just one deck of cards?

Thanks!

Best regards
DelMagic
View Profile
Special user
723 Posts

Profile of DelMagic
You can always use a Pinochle deck at some point to get exact matches in Do As I Do effects. Aldo Colombini offers that as an option in one of his marketed effects. In general I would choose using a normal deck, but if you happen to be around a group of pinochle players or in a house with a pinochle deck, it is a viable option.