The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: All in the cards :: Old “do as I do” trick (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
aposjf12
View Profile
New user
New York City
96 Posts

Profile of aposjf12
I’m trying to recall an effect I used to do often when I was a kid just getting into magic. This was 30 years ago or more. It was a Do as I do effect where the spectator kept failing. I believe the magician and spectator both had 4 or 5 cards and no matter what the spectator did they always had a card or two face up where as the magician always had face down cards. It had to be in so many beginners books but for the life of me I can’t find it. Anyone know what trick this is? It wasn’t a great effect but it’s something fond from my youth.

Thanks so much
Claudio
View Profile
Inner circle
Europe
1954 Posts

Profile of Claudio
I think you mean this Vernon's four card trick: Vernon's Variant, Ultimate Secrets of Card Magic p. 226
aposjf12
View Profile
New user
New York City
96 Posts

Profile of aposjf12
Thank you so much. That is indeed the trick. When I learned it as a kid I think it was called You Follow Me.
I see Johnny Thompson has a version of this effect. I
Paul24243
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of Paul24243
There was also a version called Ultimate Faulty Follower, by Ken de Coursy and sold by the now closed Supreme Magic Co. in the UK. It was featured on the Paul Daniels magic show.