The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Penny for your thoughts :: James Bond Cold Reading REDUX (26 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
Stunninger
View Profile
Inner circle
2843 Posts

Profile of Stunninger
Numerology (p. 209 - 246)

"Although people often choose numbers in their lives based on those they believe bring the most luck, Numerology readings focus on the one number that cannot be chosen nor changed: a person's birthdate. Unfortunately, asking a stranger for their date of birth is not the best way to strike up a conversation, and, as people grow older, their willingness to reveal their age diminishes. For Clients in their twenties, this is not a problem, but for some in their mid-thirties and beyond, revealing one's age to a complete stranger can be problematic. To avoid the chances of getting pulled into an uneasy guess-the-age scenario, we will be using the digits from the Client's mobile phone number as the basis for a Numerology reading." (p. 209)

As with the other chapters in the book, this one contains "In a Nutshell", "Recaps", "Get Your Facts Straight", "Get Your Mouth In Gear" summaries, quizzes and exercises throughout to reinforce the concepts taught.

N1 Number Meanings

N2 Life Cycle Basics

N3 Life Cycle in Detail

N4 Life Cycle Chapters

N5 Mobile Number Readings

N6 The Approach

N7 Bringing it All Together

N8 Mobile Number Reading Example

N9 Numerology Reading Practice

N10 Numerology Conclusion

As with the other oracles taught in this book, the instruction is clear, step-by-step and systematic. Combined with the re-caps, summaries and exercises, learning the concepts is easy and straightforward. "The Approach" section teaches you a third way (after Palmistry and Graphology) to draw a person into a conversation, one that is entirely about them.

Up next:

Bonus Section

Stunninger
View Profile
Inner circle
2843 Posts

Profile of Stunninger
Bonus Section (p. 247 - 278)

B1 Star Signs (p. 248 - 264)

"Although an explanation of the zodiac is well beyond the remit of this book, I will share here a method, using visualization techniques similar to those found in James Bond Cold Reading, to recall the dates of each sign of the zodiac approximately 87% of the time. This is useful should you glean a potential Client's birthday, or overhear the month they were born in." (p. 248)

B2 Cartomancy (p. 265 - 271)

This section teaches the fundamentals of how to give readings with playing cards.

B3 Cold Reading as Effect (p. 272 - 278)

"This essay first appeared in The James Bond Cold Reading 2007, and shows how JBCR can elevate a simple card trick into a powerful demonstration of mind-reading. I have removed some conjuring references to avoid upsetting the book's original audience, and re-written descriptive sections for clarity. The conventional text remains largely unchanged from the original." (p. 272)

Final thoughts: James Bond Cold Reading REDUX is a wonderful resource for anyone wanting to acquire the skill of cold reading, as well as basic palm reading, graphology and numerology readings. Julian has structured the book to make the lessons very clear and easy to understand. The Nutshells, Re-Caps, Quizzes and exercises make learning fun and straightforward. With this book, any one willing to apply themselves can learn to give readings.

Very well done and highly recommended.

a.single.V
View Profile
New user
Hanoi Vietnam
87 Posts

Profile of a.single.V
Thank you Stunninger for another super detailed review the same way you did with Scott's materials. I really appreciate it, and will get JBCRD as soon as I can.
252life
View Profile
Inner circle
Ninth Circle, Hades
3268 Posts

Profile of 252life
Stunninger is a gift to this place.
Look for all the world like you're counting the brain cells in his cranium.

-Theodore Annemann
Stunninger
View Profile
Inner circle
2843 Posts

Profile of Stunninger
Aww, thanks 252, much appreciated Smile

It's a joy to go deep on content that is exceptionally good.

Jerry
View Profile
Inner circle
Some where in Florida
1412 Posts

Profile of Jerry
Julian, can JB Cold Redux hardcover book be purchased from you directly (via your website) or Amazon is the only option.
Prefer to give you all the money and not Jeff Bozo.
Any chance of having more printer version's of flash cards like the Palmistry for Redux, Numerology and so forth?

Thanx.
bevbevvybev
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
2674 Posts

Profile of bevbevvybev
I'm using Amazon's global print-on-demand service so unfortunately not.
I'll look into more printed versions of the other stuff.
Thanks for your interest everyone!
ZenOfMagic
View Profile
New user
9 Posts

Profile of ZenOfMagic
Quote:
On Mar 16, 2024, bevbevvybev wrote:
I'm using Amazon's global print-on-demand service so unfortunately not.
I'll look into more printed versions of the other stuff.
Thanks for your interest everyone!

Thanks, just ordered the hardcover version and will dive into the bonus material from your site soon (thanks for doing this btw, it was one of the reasons I decided to purchase the book).