The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Did you hear the latest? :: Just heard Paul Gross passed away (13 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
magicbyswh
View Profile
Inner circle
North East Tennessee
1549 Posts

Profile of magicbyswh
Prayers to his family
Creator of Cereal Brainwave, Creator of the Tossed out Book
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9538 Posts

Profile of Mb217
So sorry to hear…R.I.P.
*Check out my latest: Gifts From The Old Country: A Mini-Magic Book, MBs Mini-Lecture on Coin Magic, The MB Tanspo PLUS, MB's Morgan, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
bekralik
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
1365 Posts

Profile of bekralik
Nice guy and a good businessman who built a reputable enterprise. He will be missed.
Waters.
View Profile
Special user
701 Posts

Profile of Waters.
Condolences to the family. I am truly sorry for your (and our) loss!
jerdunn
View Profile
Inner circle
1735 Posts

Profile of jerdunn
Used to see Paul at the old Magic Castle Swap Meets -- always friendly, knowledgeable, and offering some fantastic bargains at his table, which was most generous. Great guy!
bobgoss
View Profile
New user
Concord Ca
6 Posts

Profile of bobgoss
A great contributor to the art of magic. Hopefully someone will take over where he left off. Condolences to his family and may he rest in peace.
Race Blakhart
View Profile
Special user
Selma,CA
623 Posts

Profile of Race Blakhart
Paul sold me my very first magic trick as a kid when he had his little shop in Fresno. It was a very nice set of Chinese Sticks. My mom gave me the $35 dollars for them after weeks of begging her to buy me something from the magic shop.
Paul spent a good 30 mins showing me how to work the sticks. It was my introduction to magic from the performer's perspective. I had been shopping at Hocus Pocus for a year before I realized he was the same guy. I shared my memory with him and he couldn't have been more grateful to be remembered. I never knew Paul personally, but that moment with him has always stuck with me. I'm glad to be able to have met him, and been taught by him, if only once.

I took those Chinese Sticks with me everywhere that year.

Thanks Paul. Your memory will live on. Condolences to the family. They're great people as well.
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
Most people wish I didn't have
5162 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
Quote:
On Dec 18, 2023, Race Blakhart wrote:
Paul sold me my very first magic trick as a kid when he had his little shop in Fresno. It was a very nice set of Chinese Sticks. My mom gave me the $35 dollars for them after weeks of begging her to buy me something from the magic shop.
Paul spent a good 30 mins showing me how to work the sticks. It was my introduction to magic from the performer's perspective. I had been shopping at Hocus Pocus for a year before I realized he was the same guy. I shared my memory with him and he couldn't have been more grateful to be remembered. I never knew Paul personally, but that moment with him has always stuck with me. I'm glad to be able to have met him, and been taught by him, if only once.

I took those Chinese Sticks with me everywhere that year.

Thanks Paul. Your memory will live on. Condolences to the family. They're great people as well.

That's a touching story. Thanks for sharing.

It's quite amazing how much positive change kindness can make in people's lives. While I purchased quite a few props from Paul over the years, I only spoke with him once. But it was his kind voice that I never forgot. Calming, and very genuine. The kindness didn't take much on his end I'm sure. Probably came quite naturally. But it left an impression on me. And from the comments and stories being told, it sounds like those impressions were made on many, in many places, over many years, changing many lives.
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
Kevinodon
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of Kevinodon
Very sorry about Pauls passing and condolences to his family and friends. Paul will be missed by me and many in the Magic community. I wish Max and the family well in continuing to manage Hocus-Pocus and I will continue to shop with them. RIP.