The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: All in the cards :: Further Than That (8 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Nikodemus
View Profile
Inner circle
1196 Posts

Profile of Nikodemus
Quote:
On Apr 4, 2024, Wravyn wrote:

Solitaire. I played the cards in descending order, king down to ace.

Good answer!
BarryFernelius
View Profile
Inner circle
Still learning, even though I've made
2539 Posts

Profile of BarryFernelius
"To achieve great things, two things are needed: a plan and not quite enough time."

-Leonard Bernstein
Francois Lagrange
View Profile
Veteran user
Paris, France
384 Posts

Profile of Francois Lagrange
Lovely performance, Barry. And I like the ending!
Protect me from my friends, I'll deal with my enemies.
peirceman
View Profile
Regular user
127 Posts

Profile of peirceman
Late to the party, but I would use an old Max Maven ploy.

Pick a number between 10 and 20....
Okay, we will use the top 20 cards.....
You, pick a different number between 10 and 20.....
If they second person picks 10, you are done. Any other number go through the normal procedure.
Pyppo100
View Profile
Regular user
180 Posts

Profile of Pyppo100
OK, interesting, but if the first spectator says 20, you CANNOT count these 20 cards individually in a pile on the table because this will reverse their order; you must count the 20 cards in your hand and NOT by reversing the order.

Thanks!

Best regards
martydoesmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Essex, UK
1704 Posts

Profile of martydoesmagic
I haven't worked out all the details, but I'm sure this would work. Set your force card (the 10S) nineteenth from the top. In other words, put nine indifferent cards on top of the usual setup. When you begin the trick, spread and catch a break below the top nine cards. Ask for "Any two-digit number below thirty." If they pick a number below twenty, double or triple cut to the break (or perform a pass). If they name nineteen, immediately drop the break and use your good luck to your advantage.

However, if they name a two-digit number between twenty and thirty, close the break and proceed as usual.

Hopefully, you get the idea. This little addition expands the options from ten to twenty different two-digit numbers. This seems much fairer and less restrictive.

When I have time, I'll figure out the exact method for retaining the stack and publish it on a secret page on my blog.

Barry, that performance was delightful. As a father of three young girls, I can't think of a better kicker than producing a rainbow! The only thing I'd add would be a pot of gold on the final card (a la "Shenanigans" by Aldo Colombini) and maybe the production of an origami unicorn, a la Blade Runner! Thank you for sharing your beautiful performance.

Marty