The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Mentally Speaking :: Mindhaus, and what I like about it (11 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
dmoses
View Profile
Inner circle
2261 Posts

Profile of dmoses
Here's what I like about Mindhaus (www.mindhaus.co.uk)-- it's all on brand.
And that brand is Lewis Le Val.

Whether you embrace the sincere psychic style of performance or not, you know the kind of material that you're getting into.
And that doesn't only include presentation-- it includes methods. And those methods are classic, time-tested methods that include billet/blank card mentalism, one ahead, readings, etc.

Like many of you I've been following Le Val's work from his "free lance" days popping up in various magic dealers' playlists, settling in to a couple of platforms before landing in his own spot.

I think the benefit for us, watching him having a space to expand his vision and seeing where this might take him -- is that it might help mentalists escape the mono-culture of the "psychological-illusionists",
if only to realize that there are other paths we can take.

And because I'm a cheap-skate I waited until Black Friday to try on few of the offerings at quite a saving (even taking the exchange rate into account)

Among the items I got were
Lewis Le Val's Mind Reading Oracle-- which I really enjoyed. It's a unique mind-reading system Lewis created for himself and he provides it as a kind of "Tick Sheet" that you can use as a give away.
The oracle is lovely, and straight forward-- very intuitive -- if you're thinking about getting into readings, or if you're looking for new oracle to explore.

The other I got was Three Steps to a Radiant Mind. If you have either of Le Val's "AOK" releases, you'll find yourself in familiar territory here. Blank biz cards, three spectators, and one ahead.
This is solid routining that can be adapted and built upon. Not "new" methodologically-- but back to my first point-- if you like this kind of thing there is lots to like here.

I haven't even touched on what I consider to be his "A-list" material yet. But I'm really enjoying his evolving production values, and how he's bringing along other talents with him as he goes.

It's definitely worth your time to check it out.

d
"You're a comedian. You wanna do mankind a service, tell funnier jokes."
TPR by Dave Moses and Iain Dunford
T-shirts for Magicians and Mentalists
Sunrize
View Profile
New user
33 Posts

Profile of Sunrize
I have to agree one thousand percent. If you're looking for strong mentalism and teaching that will inspire you and give you lots of solid ideas to add into your work then Mindhaus is definitely worth checking out. I've always been a fan of Lewis le Val from his work with E mentalism and the 1914 and I can tell he and the people at Mindhaus are not slacking off; it wasn't long ago that they opened the site and they've already had many great releases.

I agree that the material can be adapted and worked into whatever character or performance style you might have but just to point out one thing I have noticed with these routines.. if you were really able to do the things that you do.. would you waste them going around showing off how amazing you are or would you use them to build an experience that could change someone's life? I understand that showmanship is a part of performing especially in stage work and paid gigs where you need to build a rapport but it doesn't take much to make an effect more meaningful and memorable than just a demonstration of power or skill.

For example, there's an effect Lewis has posted there called I dreamt of you in which you approach an audience member or someone you meet and reveal to them that you dreamt of them and noticed something weighing on their mind which inspired you to write down the exact words they need to hear. The method is simple, the focus is all on this beautiful presentation in which you're leaving someone with a message and a memory that'll stay with them longer than an arbitrary card divination or word guess. I love things like this where you leave someone with something of value.. sometimes it might just be a few words that they'll really appreciate hearing that'll make their day and change their whole mood. I'm also a big fan of Adam Dadswell's Lexicon, and the whole idea of carrying a stack of words that people you've met have wrote to you that represent a loved one or memory to them or sum up their life in.. is so great to use.

Point being, instead of chasing flimsy tricks it's much better to pursue powerful meaningful mentalism. Are we the storyteller.. or is it the audience? They'll be the ones who go away with that unique memory to tell others about, so give them a good story to tell.
tctahoe
View Profile
V.I.P.
Lakeland Fl.
739 Posts

Profile of tctahoe
I am a huge Le Val Fan.
TC Tahoe - The Intuitionist
The 33rd Most Interesting Man in the World
http://www.tctahoe.com
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12999 Posts

Profile of John C
I love Lewis. He's the real deal. Not like some of the young cats look like they are 12 with crewcuts half goaties and black rimmed glasses. Haha
Olympic Adam
View Profile
Inner circle
1259 Posts

Profile of Olympic Adam
Lewis has always had quality products, Mindhaus is no exception.

The more flagship releases are clear on what they claim to be and deliver on their promises. I can definitely recommend them.

I also really like the bargain bin aspect too, these aren't on the same scale as the other releases, but they give you something you can come away with and try, maybe you'll like it, maybe you won't... but you'll think about it, and likely try it! I could see some people not clicking with it, or not liking it, but the ad copy does give you enough honest information to make an informed decision.

I always pay attention to Mindhaus releases, in terms of people currently putting out products, they are right at the top in terms of quality.
Protection for mind readers and mentalists: http://tricksofthemind.com
MysticJohn
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of MysticJohn
I like his work and approach as well. And that Orphic wallet is so clever. If your not aquatinted with his work, its well worth looking into.
Chaz93
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
1759 Posts

Profile of Chaz93
Lewis Le Val is up there are one of the best mentalists releasing material these days, in my view. He actually presents mentalism as it should be presented, free of the NLP pyschological boring approach that everyone seems to be taking. He stands with Luke Jermay in that if either of them release something I know it's going to be worth the money and be well thought out, and theatrical. And I think that last bit is the most important part. Lewis Le Val seems to understand the need for theater in our performances. I'm excited to see what he comes up with in the future and where this takes him. I fell in love with his Lockdown lectures, and he's only grown since those.