The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Magic names and the media :: Antonio Diaz - Mago Pop Thoughts? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Recoplon
View Profile
Loyal user
264 Posts

Profile of Recoplon
Hi, in Spain there's a magician called Antonio Diaz, artistic name "El Mago Pop", that is supposed to be one of the highest grossing magicians in the world, been in Broadway performing with great success, and his show is very highly regardered in Spain. He's been in Discovery Channel and Netflix too.

Surprisingly I've never read any comment about him in this forum, and was wondering if this is just local hype and he sells himself, or what is the reason. I went to see his show recently and he really puts a very spectacular show, even if based a lot in st**ges.

Anybody in the US or rest of Europe knows him?
FrankFindley
View Profile
Inner circle
1047 Posts

Profile of FrankFindley
Yes. I believe he is currently setting up a show in Branson Missouri for the 2024 Spring/Summer season. Branson is one of the big tourism/show markets in the U.S along with Broadway, Vegas, Hollywood, Orlando, Chicago, and Pigeon Forge. So that will continue to increase his visibility in the U.S.
Fedora
View Profile
Special user
Arizona, usa
760 Posts

Profile of Fedora
Antonio diaz is the highest grossing illusionists in Europe last I heard.

The reason why he doesn't come up in this forum is that most here talk about folks
who create and release magic tricks for sale, Antonio doesn't.

This is also true for Franz Harary, one of the biggest in Asia, doesn't really come
up that often.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21275 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
He has bought (I believe bought but may have only leased.) the largest theater in Branson.

He is not exactly my cup of tea, but when he did a sort of teaser show for free the locals received him well enough. It is another big box magic show that pushes furniture around the stage. As I said folks seemed to like him. It will be interesting to see if he translates well to middle America.

One problem he WILL have is what he wants to charge. Coming into a drive to destination will be way different than Broadway. Also he has at least 5 other big box furniture movers in that exact zip code so it is not an easy task to gain attention. Most are quite established.

I wish him the best.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
lele.lodigiani
View Profile
New user
9 Posts

Profile of lele.lodigiani
Hi folks.
I've seen him some years ago in Barcelona. I was there for vacation with my family and I've just searched for a magic show for the last evening in Spain. Has been a big surprise, good show, well balanced, funny and mesmerizing. Go to see him live if you can.

Lele
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21275 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
I wonder how an American magician who referred to himself as the Pop Magician would pan out?
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Fedora
View Profile
Special user
Arizona, usa
760 Posts

Profile of Fedora
It's working for Whit.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21275 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Yea no it isn’t. That is an entirely different thing.

Oh wait, that you you attempting to be funny sorry.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus