The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Mentally Speaking :: Circle of Destiny by The Mind Hacker (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
JulienLosa
View Profile
New user
France
94 Posts

Profile of JulienLosa
Hello there !
I rarely post, let alone do reviews, but I just finished watching the explanations of Circle of Destiny by Tony Antoniou/The Mind Hacker and... I can't be more delighted by it ! The blurb doesn't lie : it really is the CLEANEST 50/50 routine I've seen with a billet (and hey, ahum, I'm kinda passionate about billets and I have my own takes on the plot... but by cleanest, I do mean cleanest. There is nothing to hide. What you see is what REALLY is in play. Two billets. The end.)
I still haven't received the props, but I have some friends who own some leather goodies made by Tony and they are more than happy so I'm not concerned.

So... if I understood well I have to do pros and cons... let's go !

Pros :
It doesn't take much space.
You REALLY REALLY start and end with JUST two billets.
The utility move is SO convincing (aka... SO convincing that once you'll see it in the explanation, you'll smash your head against the wall you didn't see it before.) and versatile.
I'm sure once I have the props in hands (the leather wallet), I will find some other things to do with it (the wallet is NOT part of the method in the Circle of Destiny routine fyi... it just allows for a little kicker at the end)

Cons :
I don't feel like it's repeatable. Not that the move is not repeatable, the move IS definitely repeatable. It's just that the whole premise feels like it's a ONE time thing... Which some might think it's annoying as it's "just" a 50/50 chance... but to that I'd argue that "hey, you just gotta raise the stakes, or have a truly fascinating story !" (Personally I'll wrap the routine around the 50/50 chance a man took -that you can read here https://shorturl.at/jrxVY - )

So, yep, I highly recommend this product !! you can get it here : https://shorturl.at/brwQW

Enjoy everyone !
otreboR
View Profile
Elite user
The Netherlands
408 Posts

Profile of otreboR
Hi Julien,
I’m seeing a lot of postive post about this effect, but when I saw the trailer, I saw something that looked like OTT by Lewis Leval.
You make sure you have the correct starting point and ask them to switch if they want.
Do you get more when you buy this product?

Love your work btw.
Can we expect more projects of you coming soon?
JulienLosa
View Profile
New user
France
94 Posts

Profile of JulienLosa
Hello !
I'll reply in DM as I don't want to say too much in public (well, I won't say too much in DM either Smile but let's say I'll allow my self juuuust a little bit more freedom)

Oh thanks ! Glad you're enjoying !! Yep, at some point I'll have more stuff coming up ! thank you !
dmoses
View Profile
Inner circle
2262 Posts

Profile of dmoses
I just messaged somebody about this effect and mentioned one reason I'm hesitant about buying it is that I can (and do) do it already with the S.E.E. routine you've already taught me Julien! Smile
So it's that "little bit more freedom" that I assume makes it worth while.

d
"You're a comedian. You wanna do mankind a service, tell funnier jokes."
TPR by Dave Moses and Iain Dunford
T-shirts for Magicians and Mentalists
JulienLosa
View Profile
New user
France
94 Posts

Profile of JulienLosa
Hey Dave !
Haaa, glad you're enjoying it !
Honestly I believe both can be complementary : You could start with Circle of Destiny (where the spectateur opens the first paper to check if he won, and WILL open the second paper to see if you tried to screw him... Once it's admitted you "didn't cheat"... then you can bring on secretly the dummy and... keep going with the structure of my S.E.E. routine... with a different theme, I guess !)
TheMindHacker
View Profile
New user
29 Posts

Profile of TheMindHacker
Hello everyone! This is Tony, the creator of Circle of Destiny and owner at The Mind Hacker.

Firstly, I'd like to thank Julian for his review of my product. I am humbled by his response to it.

If anyone has any questions, please look at the trailer and if I can answer any queries, please feel free to ask.

Thanks in advance, Tony.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tkK786xGqv0
Stunninger
View Profile
Inner circle
2849 Posts

Profile of Stunninger
Tony,

This is brilliant!

Thank you also for posting a full, uncut, unedited demo video. Very rare these days and much appreciated.

TheMindHacker
View Profile
New user
29 Posts

Profile of TheMindHacker
Quote:
On Nov 23, 2023, Stunninger wrote:
Tony,

This is brilliant!

Thank you also for posting a full, uncut, unedited demo video. Very rare these days and much appreciated.

Thanks for your kind words.
influentialist
View Profile
Loyal user
237 Posts

Profile of influentialist
I ordered the international version of this and it arrived earlier this week. I hadn't read Julian's review and didn't fully know what to expect. As a huge fan of billets, however, I couldn't be happier with this effect. The quality of the wallet is also top notch.

Very pleased with this purchase and, like Julien, look forward to developing more ideas with the routine (and with the wallet itself).
rhettbryson
View Profile
Elite user
Greenville, SC Not ashamed of his
407 Posts

Profile of rhettbryson
I have had an idea for the surprise ending of the appearance of the penny coin (I use a 1943 US steel core penny which has been copper plated.) After revealing that they have selected the slip of paper with "A Penny" on it - I pick up the wallet and place the $50 back in it while I say that I get to keep my money - all the while stealing the penny in finger palm position. I pick up the penny paper and place it face down over the penny as I turn my hand and then fold it around the penny. I ask the spectator to remind mne what they earned and when they say a penny I tip the paper and let the penny slide out on the table. I obviously don't want to give them the penny (it is a bit expensive and hard to find) so I take out of my pocket a folded fake $100 bill with my picture on it and my advertising on the back and offer that as a substitute gift - worth MUCH more than a mere penny.
stevie c
View Profile
Veteran user
342 Posts

Profile of stevie c
I also just picked this up and I love it!! The item itself is beautiful (no surprise as I had previously bought a leather item from Tony which was top notch) but the real value here is the method. I was confident I wouldn't be disappointed as anything endorsed by Michael Murray is going to be good. To have the billet maestro Julien also singing its praises is just great Smile

Good work Tony

BW

Steve
TheMindHacker
View Profile
New user
29 Posts

Profile of TheMindHacker
I am humbled by all your kind words. Thank you all who have taken the time and trouble to post on here. As a side note, I'd encourage you to try the bonus presentation on the tutorial, it's really a lot of fun.

My best,

Tony.