The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: I'm a real boy! :: Mouth Squeakers best for Mosquito bit (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
The Duster
View Profile
Inner circle
1694 Posts

Profile of The Duster
Right... I'm a bit clueless [on most things but mouth squeakers in paticular]... I have read up on squeakers a bit - but am confused on which is the best for my purposes.

I’m doing a bit where a fly/mosquito is annoying me. So buzzing past. For this I need a mouth squeaker. Ideally one that won’t get too wet being in the mouth [and stop working]. I’ve had warblers mentioned. Including Tom Burgoon’s Switzerland Mouth Squeaker. Though they seem to be more for bird noises??? I would just buy this one – but as it’s coming from America [I’m in the UK] I was seeing if it was, the ‘correct’ one, for my use, before I do.

I’d love to be able to do the fly noise – and without taking anything out of my mouth – be able to talk a bit… if only to make panic noises or pain noises in my own voice… or even a 'phew' it’s gone noise… and then switch back to the fly noise.

I did see on an old Penguin video [Lax] the suggestion was to get a double pillow squeaker and cut it all away and put that in your mouth. But this wasn’t for the fly sound.

Anyway – as it’s all new to me – does anyone have any experience? And suggestion for what I should get.

I mean is Jeff McBride's video going to have anything for my use on it [squeak technique] – as it seems more geared to teaching cups and ball routines and the like.

Thanks for any help

Best wishes xx
padre rich
View Profile
Special user
636 Posts

Profile of padre rich
Just learn to do it with your mouth.no need for a device of any kind.it originates from the back of your nose,is akin to a high pitched hum.practice and you won't need anything else.watch Lee Evans in the movie "funnybones" to see him do it perfectly...
God's grace rocks! It makes a good cups and balls routine look pretty boring in comparison.
jlibby
View Profile
Inner circle
1044 Posts

Profile of jlibby
Yep. With practice, you can make the fly or bee buzzing sound without anything in your mouth. It's not very difficult.
My new FREE ebook on the classic Mismade Bill trick is ready for you:
https://funnybirthdayshow.com/mismadebill/