The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! :: TAROT MAGIC (22 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Alexander Crowley
View Profile
New user
20 Posts

Profile of Alexander Crowley
[quote]On Nov 27, 2023, RCP wrote:
Here's the translation into English:

"I understand your doubts, my friend, and they are interesting questions. As for wanting to use tarot cards, they evoke a sense of power and magic compared to a classic deck of poker cards, since most people associate poker cards with gaming rather than magic, so it's quite natural to wonder if using a standard deck of poker cards is really necessary. Secondly, I've decided to use tarot cards because I love doing readings, and in fact, I intend to combine cold reading with them. So the tarot deck is perfect for doing readings as well. As for the techniques, I disagree with what you wrote because most of the techniques usually used, like the pass, table cuts that are very visual, spring, and similar things, don't make sense to exist with tarot cards. So inevitably, there's a certain "limitation" with the existing techniques that can be performed. In reality, tarot cards are an interesting deck from many points of view, regarding various mentalism effects, such as divination, reading, etc. Most of all, I want to use tarot cards to tell stories that involve some past events like the Inquisition, the devil playing against a man's soul, and so on. Smile"
Michael Daniels
View Profile
Inner circle
Isle of Man
1609 Posts

Profile of Michael Daniels
For those interested in the history of Tarot and Cartomancy, I have made a short video that summarizes much of the ground.

https://www.humix.com/video/7IvqQHG4a5f

You will also find much excellent information on these websites:

https://tarotwheel.net/

https://tarot-heritage.com/

Mike
Joshua J
View Profile
Inner circle
1082 Posts

Profile of Joshua J
Finishing these off this morning. A black and white Rider Waite pack of the majors.

balzar
View Profile
Loyal user
206 Posts

Profile of balzar
Quote:
On Nov 29, 2023, Michael Daniels wrote:
For those interested in the history of Tarot and Cartomancy, I have made a short video that summarizes much of the ground.

https://www.humix.com/video/7IvqQHG4a5f

You will also find much excellent information on these websites:

https://tarotwheel.net/

https://tarot-heritage.com/

Mike

Very much enjoyed the video on the Tarot. Thank you for sharing.
Chaikuni
View Profile
New user
74 Posts

Profile of Chaikuni
I think normal tarot readings with real subtle mentalism with a billet or impromptu star sign reveal can be powerful and will give you a nice simple starting place. Really learning how to read tarot will be more meaningful for people than doing a double lift or something.

Richard Webster almost certainly has something you could benefit off. Neal Scryer also. I believe Luke Jermay had something about tarot, but cant recall the name. Lewis Le Val has some interesting ideas in this direction.

Also check out gemini artifacts - obsessed with some of the stuff on there
Alexander Crowley
View Profile
New user
20 Posts

Profile of Alexander Crowley
Quote:
On Dec 5, 2023, Chaikuni wrote:
I think normal tarot readings with real subtle mentalism with a billet or impromptu star sign reveal can be powerful and will give you a nice simple starting place. Really learning how to read tarot will be more meaningful for people than doing a double lift or something.

Richard Webster almost certainly has something you could benefit off. Neal Scryer also. I believe Luke Jermay had something about tarot, but cant recall the name. Lewis Le Val has some interesting ideas in this direction.

Also check out gemini artifacts - obsessed with some of the stuff on there

Thank you friends
pulpscrypt
View Profile
Special user
Within the shadows
598 Posts

Profile of pulpscrypt
Balzar,

Thanks for the informative video. Very helpful sumnation!

pulpscrypt
balzar
View Profile
Loyal user
206 Posts

Profile of balzar
Quote:
On Dec 12, 2023, pulpscrypt wrote:
Balzar,

Thanks for the informative video. Very helpful sumnation!

pulpscrypt

The videos were courtesy of Michael Daniels - and I likewise found them excellent.
Papa Legba
View Profile
Special user
home-an unremarkable spiral arm of an insignificant galaxy
750 Posts

Profile of Papa Legba
Quote:
On Nov 8, 2023, Alexander Crowley wrote:
Hello everyone, for about 2 years I have been passionate about the world of bizarre magick , but I have a problem with tarot cards, which is that I don't have the slightest idea of ??what effects to propose with them. I've seen some, but many of the proposed effects use special gaff cards and the like I'm looking for a series of classic effects that can be performed with tarot cards, but without gimmicks basically Do you have any ideas about what impromptu effects could be performed with tarot cards If a post like this already exists, I apologize to the administrators. Thanks for your help

How about George Sands' "Prime Choice" you could give them a single card reading (ahead of time), based on the choice you predict they are about to make.
Use the FORCE Luke.
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18089 Posts

Profile of Slim King
There are ethical issues that you probably need to decide upon before delving too deep into doing tricks with the Tarot. People may expect something other than what you are offering .... You can throw away the Pages and do just about any card trick with a Minor Arcana. However IMHO this is an immature view I once held in the beginning of my FOOLS JOURNEY... Smile Smile Smile
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
Michael Daniels
View Profile
Inner circle
Isle of Man
1609 Posts

The Psychic Science m****d deck of 22 Tarot Trumps and 12 Zodiac Signs has just been published. The deck is poker size and is printed on high quality 100% plastic card stock.

The cards feature exclusive new designs, inspired by the Italianate origins of the Tarot. All cards include interpretive notes to aid divination and readings.

These cards are compatible with the Psychic Science Cartomancy Reader Deck (52 m****d playing cards, with interpretive notes) and the Tarot Trumps can be added to this to create a larger deck of 75 cards if so desired.

Note that the decks (and public advertising) do NOT mention that the cards are m****d. If you PM me with your order number and email address, I will send an explanatory PDF.

You can view images of all 36 cards in this set at

https://psychicscience.org/shop

The cards themselves are not watermarked.

Printer's Studio (who manufacture and sell the cards) currently have a pre-Christmas sale (20% off all their items). The discount code is JOYFUL2023. You will need to be quick, however, as the offer ends TODAY (Saturday 16th December).

Mike

Click here to view attached image.
Joshua J
View Profile
Inner circle
1082 Posts

Profile of Joshua J
I had space to fit a few extra cards making one of the Rider Waite decks so thought I'd make a little gaff set. Daft little set up to teach my daughter some principles. Made a set of Theodore DeLand's two card monte with the fool and the devil. A chance to teach her a basic principle and a bit of storytelling as the devil likes to make a fool of you. I'm sure someone will have made something similar before, but thought it'd make use of the extra spaces on each print run. I don't generally perform tricks with Tarot as I use them for readings, but it's New Year's Eve and I can indulge in some tomfoolery.

Michael Daniels
View Profile
Inner circle
Isle of Man
1609 Posts

The Renaissance Tarot by Psychic Science has just been published and is available to buy direct from the manufacturers. They currently have a 15% discount in their New Year's sale, which ends TODAY (9th January). The 78-card deck features new artwork inspired by the 15th century Italianate origins of the tarot and the popular 17th century Tarot de Marseilles.

https://www.printerstudio.com/sell/desig......rot.html

While the deck has been designed for authentic divination and readings, it also incorporatea a feature of interest to magicians and mentalists. You can PM me for details.

BTW, I am in the middle of writing a book on the tarot which covers its esoteric and astrological structure, and features the Renaissance Tarot designs. I hope to release the book later this year.

Mike