The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Nothing up my sleeve... :: Leather cone in silver dollar size? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
karnak
View Profile
Special user
Connecticut
757 Posts

Profile of karnak
I have Johnson Products’ “Stack of Quarters” and “Stack of Halves,” each of which came with an appropriately sized leather cone suitable for covering their respective stacks.

Now, however, I’m looking for a similarly-proportioned small leather cone with a diameter big enough to cover a dollar-sized coin (not necessarily a stack; I’m aiming to do Al Schneider’s classic “Cone and Coin”).

Now that The Ambitious Card is evidently no more, can anyone recommend another source for leather cones of this particular size?

(I know that Frank Starsinic’s leather cylinders for “Cylinder and Coins” are available, but for “Cone and Coin” I really do want to stick with a cone shape. And I suspect that the cones commonly available for “Ball and Cone” might be a little too big?)
For a supernatural chiller mixing magic (prestidigitation, legerdemain) with Magic (occultism, mysticism), check out my novel MAGIC: AN OCCULT THRILLER at http://www.amazon.com/Magic-Occult-Thriller-Reed-Hall/dp/1453874836
tonsofquestions
View Profile
Inner circle
1838 Posts

Profile of tonsofquestions
I know there was a thread recently from Rick about Ignacio Lopez' Ball and Cone.
Which I realize you explicitly call out as too large (I'm sure it is), but perhaps you could reach out to him and ask if he'd make a smaller cone. I know he does cylinders for the more classic coin stack routine.
MartinL
View Profile
New user
Germany
15 Posts

Profile of MartinL
I don't know if this is an option for you, but with basic skills in maths, this should be an easy DIY project. All you need is a piece of leather, a large needle, thread and an awl or something similar. I would estimate about €15-€20 in materials and about an hour of work.

Getting someone to do this for you would probably be much more costly.
Ignacio.Lopez
View Profile
New user
14 Posts

Profile of Ignacio.Lopez
Hello! I can help you with that. Contact me...