The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Looking out for our own :: Stevens Magic Emporium - Fire damage to their store (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
David Todd
View Profile
Inner circle
2334 Posts

Profile of David Todd
I don't know how widely this is known (I only found out about it recently), but on Sept. 23, 2023 Stevens Magic Emporium in Wichita,Kansas had a fire which seriously damaged their brick & mortar show room and a portion of their administrative offices. Stevens is one of the few remaining full service walk-in brick & mortar magic shops and I hope the magic community will support them during this difficult time (primarily by purchasing something. This kind of disruption in normal business can seriously hurt a small, niche business like a magic shop)

Quote:
"Press Release from Mark Stevens:

"On 09/23 at approx. 2:50am, my wife and myself were notified of multiple alarms at our shop, which indicated fire and a breach. Jumping in the car half asleep I drove briskly to the shop and from a distance we witnessed a concert of bright alarms from fire trucks. Our building while conjoined consists of an east and west wing. The east side wing houses our brick and mortar store. This is where the fire originated, and primarily remained – fortunately. However there are areas where the two wings merge so we are still assessing the situation. While E-mail and Telephone lines remain open, for the time being we are freezing fulfillment from our traditional website stevensmagic.com ."

Their second website, https://www.stevensmagic.global/ is fully functional and accepting orders.

Wishing Mark Stevens and the Stevens family and staff the best as they work to get past this crisis and get the brick & mortar shop up and running again.

-
Dr. O
View Profile
Veteran user
NC
395 Posts

Profile of Dr. O
I wish them the best as well. I do hope Mark is able to recover and I'm sure his loyal customers will step up. Thanks for posting this here for folks that might not have known.
Pakar Ilusi
View Profile
Inner circle
5777 Posts

Profile of Pakar Ilusi
Quote:
On Oct 19, 2023, David Todd wrote:
I don't know how widely this is known (I only found out about it recently), but on Sept. 23, 2023 Stevens Magic Emporium in Wichita,Kansas had a fire which seriously damaged their brick & mortar show room and a portion of their administrative offices. Stevens is one of the few remaining full service walk-in brick & mortar magic shops and I hope the magic community will support them during this difficult time (primarily by purchasing something. This kind of disruption in normal business can seriously hurt a small, niche business like a magic shop)

Quote:
"Press Release from Mark Stevens:

"On 09/23 at approx. 2:50am, my wife and myself were notified of multiple alarms at our shop, which indicated fire and a breach. Jumping in the car half asleep I drove briskly to the shop and from a distance we witnessed a concert of bright alarms from fire trucks. Our building while conjoined consists of an east and west wing. The east side wing houses our brick and mortar store. This is where the fire originated, and primarily remained – fortunately. However there are areas where the two wings merge so we are still assessing the situation. While E-mail and Telephone lines remain open, for the time being we are freezing fulfillment from our traditional website stevensmagic.com ."

Their second website, https://www.stevensmagic.global/ is fully functional and accepting orders.

Wishing Mark Stevens and the Stevens family and staff the best as they work to get past this crisis and get the brick & mortar shop up and running again.

-

Oh my... I hope they recover fully as quickly as possible.
"Dreams aren't a matter of Chance but a matter of Choice." -DC-