The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Catch this if you can! :: 7 balls anybody? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
philblackmore
View Profile
Regular user
199 Posts

Profile of philblackmore
"As the number of balls decreased the difficulty increased"?
What do you mean by that, you think your audience would think juggling 3 is harder than 7?
Sorry to question you, I hope you don't mind, but it makes little sense to me. Maybe I should give up practising 7 balls if the audience would prefer 3.

Phil
Roslyn
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
3405 Posts

Profile of Roslyn
Sorry Phil, that should read: As the number of balls decreased the difficulty of the tricks with the remaining balls increased.

For example, juggle a 7 ball cascade, go down to a 6 ball fountain, go down to 5 and juggle a shower pattern or do a few back crosses or what ever 5 ball tricks you can do, go into 4 and pull off a few different tricks here too (maybe a bit of mills mess), then into 3 and do some real complicated 3 ball stuff and end with the flash over the head with all 3 balls going into the net.

Basically the audience will see many different patterns as you work your way down the numbers which keeps the routine interesting. Obviously though the main trick is the fact that you are throwing the balls over your head and into the net behind you. So if you wanted to keep it simple then you can just juggle the basic cascades and fountains. Which would work if you had a bit of other stuff to do as well.

Anyway, that's all I was trying to say in my own poor little way. I hope this answers your question and that I hope the answer was worth wading through yet another long post from me.

Take care,
The Magic Cafe account of The Conwy Jester, Erwyd le Fol formerly known as Roslyn Walker.
My home online
Join me on Facebook
Follow me on twitter
philblackmore
View Profile
Regular user
199 Posts

Profile of philblackmore
OK, I thought that may be what you meant. I think the net idea would be quite amusing. Did you get this routine solid enough to perform? I'm finding it really tough getting 7 balls up to performance level, even without the breakdown idea you suggest. I did a similar thing with 5 balls and a kid holding the net or hat, but then doesn't everyone?

Phil
Roslyn
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
3405 Posts

Profile of Roslyn
A lot of people do perform this type of thing. It was because of this that I decided to have a fixed net. It also added a new dimension to the trick. Yes I have performed it with 7 balls. When I did a lot of juggling it was how I kicked off my routine. Works well as a street piece too.
The Magic Cafe account of The Conwy Jester, Erwyd le Fol formerly known as Roslyn Walker.
My home online
Join me on Facebook
Follow me on twitter