The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: APPS-alutely :: Boris Spider (fake spider)? (1 Like) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
RussoMagic.com
View Profile
Loyal user
243 Posts

Profile of RussoMagic.com
Hi Guys,

Just wondering if anyone has found a good source for the 'boris spider' (Packet trick or App) but the one that actually is on the back of the hand of the spectator at the end. Unfortunately, the 'spirit Halloween' shop has closed next to me, looking for a good online source.

1.) light weight & can be flat on the bottom to adhesive (either putty or sticky dot)
2.) Sorta bigger than the basic black plastic ones
3.) One that will look semi-real

For a halloween show...

Thanks,
Russo
RussoMagic.com
View Profile
Loyal user
243 Posts

Profile of RussoMagic.com
Found a good source
ROBOROST
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of ROBOROST
Hi Russo,can you share your source? thx so much in advance!
Bill
View Profile
Veteran user
and Pretty Nice Guy
373 Posts

Profile of Bill
Here's what I did. Although I still have the spiders and cockroaches, I found there were many times I wanted do Boris but didn't have the Prop in my pocket. So, I took one of the roaches and took a high def picture of it, then printed it on photo stock. It came out fantastic. I cut several out, put 2 sided sticky tape on the back and store them in my cellphone case, between the phone and case. Now I'm always ready. I just excuse myself and retrieve the roach and put a slight roll laterally on it to give it some depth. I'm ready to go, and it looks pretty good for the brief moment that counts. BTW, I couldn't get this to work with the spider. The legs were a problem.
sillymagician
View Profile
New user
Long Island, New York
72 Posts

Profile of sillymagician
Need more sticky dots? Here's a DIY that tells you how to make them.