The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The clothes we wear :: A bit about color (1 Like) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Michael Taggert
View Profile
Special user
Fredericksburg Virginia
656 Posts

Profile of Michael Taggert
The lights go up on a black dropped stage the nagician walks out in a black outfit and does a dancing cane. He's wearing black gloves. All you can see is his head and the tips of the cane.
Second magi comes out in scarlet red and does sponge balls with red balls. No one xan see the sponges.the pint is that black is great for hiding things except when they should be seen. Why not wear off white on a black stage.sponge comes in multiples of colors. Use the color wheel and contrasting or complementing colors. Use color on a screen behind you. If you look at the pic in my avatar (photo credit goes to jerry foster) you'll see a grey suit, red background, blue foulard all that makes the zombie pop on stage. I use yellow or bright orange sponges. I frequently use yellow magic rope against my royal blue jacket. I generally wear kahki pants and brown shoes. All of this makes me stand out. What is black on my stage is black so it disappears. Use this when buying clothes or having costumes made.