The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Tricky business :: Posters (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Andy Young
View Profile
Special user
Jersey Shore, PA
823 Posts

Profile of Andy Young
Hi everyone.

I have been getting more bookings for daycares and I am thinking of printing out posters for these centers. For those who do this what info do you put on them?

My thoughts were:

My Logo
Brief Contact Info
Date with a blank space to fill out
and Time with a blank space to fill out.

Thanks
Mindpro
View Profile
Eternal Order
10615 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
What is the purpose of the posters?
Andy Young
View Profile
Special user
Jersey Shore, PA
823 Posts

Profile of Andy Young
Quote:
On Sep 29, 2023, Mindpro wrote:
What is the purpose of the posters?

Mostly to promote the upcoming show at that location and give visibility to families that use the daycare about the local magician.

I remember this working for other activities when my wife would use a daycare.
TomBoleware
View Profile
Inner circle
Hattiesburg, Ms
3169 Posts

Profile of TomBoleware
Sounds Good Andy.

I would also include a note that reads something like. “I am looking forward to this event and I’m wanting to make this a special day for all the children. To help build the excitement, please ask all the teachers to remind the kids & parents and maybe even have a countdown to the special day. Thanks for your help, and I’ll see you soon.”

Also the day of the show be sure to let all the teachers know that you do birthday, etc shows in the local area. Give them each a card because they see they parents everyday and know exactly when the child is having a party.

Anyway you get the idea,
Hope that helps and good luck with it.
Tom
TomBoleware
View Profile
Inner circle
Hattiesburg, Ms
3169 Posts

Profile of TomBoleware
PS> Andy, sorry for the double post, but I posted the above in a hurry. I was out the door.

As a reminder, and I’m sure you probably already do this, but in your writings try and use better grammar than I do in my posts here. (Lol) I always have my business mailings checked by my wife or someone else before mailing.

Back when we had our daycare, a five-day countdown calendar displayed in the classroom was often used by the teachers to remind kids. 5 4 3 2 One more day until the Friday party. - 5 4 3 2 One more day until Santa comes. - 5 4 3 2 One more day until The Magic Man comes.

I also mailed a countdown calendar to daycares when I was doing shows. I can remember it having a rabbit in the hat picture on the last day.

Anyway, here is a few more thoughts that you can model from if you wish to include a letter with your poster. I personally would use something like this.

I want to make sure that this day is a memorable one for all the children who will be attending. It is my hope that they will leave feeling filled with joy and a sense of community spirit that will stay with them for a long time. Much like with the early years' teacher, the magician is often remembered for a very long time, even a lifetime for some.

To help build the excitement and anticipation for this event, I would like to ask all the teachers to remind the children and their parents of the upcoming performance. Perhaps they could even create a countdown calendar or a special activity to mark the days leading up to the event. This will help to create a sense of anticipation and excitement that will enhance the overall experience for everyone involved.

I truly appreciate your help and support as we work to make this day as special as possible for all of the children. I am looking forward to seeing you soon and sharing in the joy and excitement of this wonderful event. Together, we can create a truly unforgettable experience that will inspire and uplift all those who attend.

Tom
TomBoleware
View Profile
Inner circle
Hattiesburg, Ms
3169 Posts

Profile of TomBoleware
Andy, if you’re still reading. Let me add that it's no big deal if you don’t send a poster, most don’t, but you do need to give them a call or either a written reminder. Don’t depend on them to remember you.

Tom
Andy Young
View Profile
Special user
Jersey Shore, PA
823 Posts

Profile of Andy Young
Thank you both for the question and suggestions.

I still have time to reflect on this information.
tntmagic
View Profile
New user
Baltimore Maryland
11 Posts

Profile of tntmagic
Hi Andy,

For a poster I think less is more. Have a look at old magic posters. Put something interesting, your logo is important but it should be small, your picture and your name are probably the best thing to put on the poster. Make it look fun and magical. I like the idea of a blank space to add details. Not sure if you have seen them but often posters include a diagonal while space in the corner for the date. Something like this. Maybe name the show instead of Magic Show. The Amazing Andy Smile. Anyway this is just an idea I put together very quickly. What is nice about this format is that you can leave the areas blank and then print stuff on a label and stick it on the actual poster.

Hope that helps!
Ron Teitelbaum
Owner
www.tntmagic.com

"Magic is something that needs to be believed to be seen" - Harry Anderson
tntmagic
View Profile
New user
Baltimore Maryland
11 Posts

Profile of tntmagic
AndyYoung-Poster-Idea.jpg