The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Ever so sleightly :: Penn and Teller Clear Cups Video (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Metalepsis
View Profile
Loyal user
232 Posts

Profile of Metalepsis
I recall seeing a show on television where penn and teller do a cups and balls together with beauty and finesse. The cups were clear picnic or concert beer cups and the balls were orange sized tinfoil balls. It was a while ago so maybe my mind is exagerating it, but the routine was fantastic and I want to see it again. Can anyone tell me where this video can be found? Ideally a link on the web as I am quite poor this summer?

M
Mr. Muggle
View Profile
Special user
999 Posts

Profile of Mr. Muggle
I have not found it on the net and no longer have it on tape. I just searched for it due to another post here on M.C.

I recall the routine done with a "faster than average" pace trying to confuse the audience.

Let me know if you locate it anywhere on the net, I'd like to see it again.

MM
"Now you're looking for the secret... but you won't find it because you're not really looking. You don't really want to know the secret... You want to be fooled." - The Prestige (2006)
Metalepsis
View Profile
Loyal user
232 Posts

Profile of Metalepsis
No Problem. Hopefully we will have some other responses...

M
Kevin Ram
View Profile
Special user
Travelling through Europe
791 Posts

Profile of Kevin Ram
I saw it.
Havent got a copy though.

It wasn't that special just a standard cups n balls routine with clear cups done quickly.

Maybe they released a video
"Your the Italian stallion" As said by my g/friend
Rupert Bair
View Profile
Inner circle
?
2181 Posts

Profile of Rupert Bair
I have it on a tape somewhere. They were in Egypt and they were doing it in a pyramid with the hyrogliphics and the man doing the cups and balls. Not really much help to you but it was just a fast paced cups and balls it would take a double act and lots of practise. Also it would only be worth doing if you narrate whats going on.
Matt
Metalepsis
View Profile
Loyal user
232 Posts

Profile of Metalepsis
Quote:
On 2004-07-15 16:16, magic_matt wrote:
it would take a double act and lots of practise also it would only be worth doing if you narate whats going on.
Matt

True, however I just want to see it again and show some younger magicians how important misdirection is. It is also a good example of teamwork, which is beautiful but less common.

M
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
The Egyptian hyrogliphics DO NOT picture anyone doing the cups and balls. They are molding bread. If you read the wall, you will see the graphics before and after and NONE relate to peforming, but to domestic type work one might do preparing a meal.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Rupert Bair
View Profile
Inner circle
?
2181 Posts

Profile of Rupert Bair
Im sure I saw a picture of an egyptian doing the cups and balls. Cups and bread would be interesting though.
Matt
Jim Wilder
View Profile
Special user
Birmingham, AL
954 Posts

Profile of Jim Wilder
I started looking through my videos, and there is a version being performed by Penn and Teller for a studio audience, not in Egypt. But, the same routine. It is a very short routine. It can be found on the dvd "Grand Illusions The Story of Magic" episode 4, available from many fine magic shops. I purchased mine through L&L. Smile
mattisdx
View Profile
Inner circle
1614 Posts

Profile of mattisdx
Gotta love penn and teller Smile some of the most original and entertaining magician's out there Smile