The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Tenyo of Japan :: Tenyo plus one (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
O.G.
View Profile
New user
4 Posts

Profile of O.G.
Some sources confuse some feats of the series "Tenyo plus one". In Tenyoism, of course, it is correct. Here everyone can watch it again, including the new feat!
https://youtu.be/AjjfVMmbZRw?feature=shared
Enjoy it,
OG
pierredan
View Profile
Special user
Dai Vernon's birthplace
540 Posts

Profile of pierredan
Are any being re-released?
VolunteerMagic
View Profile
New user
22 Posts

Profile of VolunteerMagic
Quote:
On Sep 13, 2023, pierredan wrote:
Are any being re-released?

Regarding this year, nothing has been said as of yet.

They re-released 6 of them last year. And they are making a 3-trick "mental magic" box sometime in the future (feature 1 new trick, Mentalist Flash Cards, and Image Generator Mini). I'd be surprised if they re-release any more this year. There aren't a whole lot of Plus Ones from 2006 and up (because Tenyo seems to have a major aversion to anything released prior to Magical Celendar) that haven't received the reprint treatment. The one's that haven't had the reprint treatment from 2005+

- Magician's Clock
- Magical Cafe
- Mind Roulette
- Clairvoyance Tester
- Mysterious Pocket
- Super Victory (rock-paper-scissors)
- Image Generator Mini
- Liar's Fruit
- ESP Birds

Clock is reather difficult to use, Cafe has that "disposable" aspect that isn't terribly popular, Roulette has that cloth mat that might be expensive to reprint--same goes for Clairvoyance Tester and Mysteriosu Pocket (Ocular blocker and biscuit, respectively).

Suepr Victory could get a reprint. Image Generator Mini is "technically" getting a "reprint" with the mental magic box, but I think that's because the redemption program that year wasn't utilized and they had a surplus. Liar's Fruit is a reprint shoe in, same for ESP Birds (I know it JUST came out, but that didn't stop A Whole New Hole from being mass distributed the year it was a Plus One).
pierredan
View Profile
Special user
Dai Vernon's birthplace
540 Posts

Profile of pierredan
Great information. Thank you.

What were the 6 that were reprinted last year?

Is the "Mentalism" box aimed at the US market?
VolunteerMagic
View Profile
New user
22 Posts

Profile of VolunteerMagic
Quote:
On Nov 6, 2023, pierredan wrote:
Great information. Thank you.

What were the 6 that were reprinted last year?

Is the "Mentalism" box aimed at the US market?

The six reprinted are:

- Magical Calendar
- Magical Sneakers
- Magical Burger
- Charisma
- Magical Sushi
- Magical Chocolate

As far as the mentalism box. I've only seen one blurb about it so far. I don't think it's aim is toward the US market
Magical Moments
View Profile
Special user
851 Posts

Profile of Magical Moments
Those six rereleased +1 tricks are fun. Affordable! Some of them include two or three different routines. I like each one for different reasons which I briefly listed below.

* CHARISMA- It reminds me of a Deland type trick.
* MAGICAL CHOCOLATE- I love chocolate!
* MAGICAL CALENDAR- The use of a pocket calendar is practical.
* MAGICAL SNEAKERS- Cute colorful sneakers are visually pleasant. Great for entertaining children!
* MAGICAL BURGER- The idea of building a burger with assorted toppings is cool. Great for entertaining teenagers!
* MAGICAL SUSHI- Well, not my favorite because I do not eat sushi so not very interesting to me personally but still a good trick and they include three different routines.

Maybe some or all of you would like to respond with which are your favorites and why. If you came up with ideas for using any of them, please do share.