The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Grand illusion :: Production of Larger Girl (1 Like) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18089 Posts

Profile of Slim King
What is a good way to produce a larger model on stage? I need to reveal a Blues Singer who does not fit the thin model qualifications.... Smile
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
FrankFindley
View Profile
Inner circle
1056 Posts

Profile of FrankFindley
Quote:
On Sep 2, 2023, Slim King wrote:
What is a good way to produce a larger model on stage? I need to reveal a Blues Singer who does not fit the thin model qualifications.... Smile

Cloth screen switches (mummy wrap, flip switch, etc.) have always been a practical and popular item for larger celebrities, people carrying items, and even costumed figures.

There are also a plethora of methods for producing Santa Clause which could be repurposed, eg. properly sized door frame illusion and tip over trunk are popular ones.
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18089 Posts

Profile of Slim King
THANKS!!!!!!
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
Presarian
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of Presarian
Try phantom cage
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18089 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Quote:
On Sep 7, 2023, Presarian wrote:
Try phantom cage

So the first girl can be the biggest one?
Presarian
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of Presarian
That's right. Actuwlly the order doesn't really matter. U can do whatever sequencr you want
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18089 Posts

Profile of Slim King
I’m in Florida. Anyone have one for sale or rent down here?
hortakon
View Profile
New user
Bristol (UK)
1 Post

Profile of hortakon
I’m looking for designs or blueprints and instructions for the Mummy Wrap/Wrap Illusion/Flip switch Illusion:

I need to get one made in a Persian Carpet pattern

Do you know where I can get them
The Great Baldini
FrankFindley
View Profile
Inner circle
1056 Posts

Profile of FrankFindley
Quote:
On Sep 30, 2023, hortakon wrote:
I’m looking for designs or blueprints and instructions for the Mummy Wrap/Wrap Illusion/Flip switch Illusion:

I need to get one made in a Persian Carpet pattern

Do you know where I can get them

Mummy wrap video instructions can be found on the Mark Wilson - On Illusions DVD Volume 2. Text and illustrated instructions can be found in Mark Wilson's Complete Course in Magic. It is also in Tarbell's Course in Magic Volume 2.

The basic mummy wrap uses just a 6'X8' cloth, so you should have no problem making one with a Persian Carpet themes. Just look for bed spreads or throw blankets with such a pattern. Other versions require poles to be sewn into it the cloth vertically. So that may take a bit more work to get the pattern to look right.