The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Magical equations :: New Magic Square Book (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Jimso
View Profile
New user
75 Posts

Profile of Jimso
Some readers of this thread may be interested to know that I have just released a new hard-back book on magic squares. It is titled Improved Magic Square Methods and Tricks, and is available exclusively from Stevens Magic Emporium.

As the title suggests, it offers new and better methods, tricks, and ways of presenting, with a special emphasis on achieving surprise (which is a challenge with magic square tricks). You can find more information of the Stevens website, and I will be glad to answer questions here.
hcs
View Profile
Special user
Germany, Magdeburg
508 Posts

Profile of hcs
Here is the missing link to the book.
https://www.stevensmagic.com/shop/improv......rg-book/

Since I own the other three books, I can't wait to read the new (fourth) book in the series by Jim Solberg.
hcs
View Profile
Special user
Germany, Magdeburg
508 Posts

Profile of hcs
I present the first part of my review of James J. Solberg's "Improved Magic Square Methods and Tricks, "Sun Mountain Publications, 2023. I'm in Germany, and buying the book in Europe won't be easy due to postage and customs. I received the physical book as a gift from James Solberg.

The book is volume IV of J. Solberg's books about magic squares, a series of new developments, and the state of the art in the world of magic squares. The term "Improved Methods" for the book title is fully justified. J. Solberg describes rocket science while many magic squares' performers ride Bicycle?s. Magicians, please note the modern state of the art! The magic world has moved on.

Volume IV should be Volume I of the series. Every thought is full of wisdom, and one notices that they were thought through several times and then written down as a concentration. Unfortunately, this view is reachable only after a long development process and not from the beginning.

The book is a good introduction to magic squares for magicians and keeps readers interested in the three volumes published so far. In my opinion, the first chapters of the new book should be at the beginning of the study, not at the end. Every serious performer should read the chapters "Presentation "and "Tricks "and think about the deep J. Solberg's thoughts! Which approach is used to show a magic square
- savant,
- prediction,
- fortune teller,
- fate,
to name a few. What personality am I, and what tricks suit me?

Only then should one study the break-through "Methods of order four and five " chapters. Then, if one has understood Solberg's thoughts and wisdom, I recommend going back and studying the first and second volumes in depth. Sooner or later, one will study all four volumes, again and again, constantly recognizing new facets.

The chapters on orders Eight and Six greatly interest an experienced performer.

I unreservedly recommend this book as a starter for anyone seriously interested in magic squares! Those who own the other three volumes do not need my recommendation to buy!