The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Smooth as silk :: Slydini Silk Routine Question (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
MrBadGuy
View Profile
New user
99 Posts

Profile of MrBadGuy
I first learned about the Slydini Silks 20 years from the Bill Malone DVDs. I didn't do much with it back then, but recently I've been thinking about it again and watching several performances of it to include the master himself, Slydini. In the video below, Slydini performs the silk routine on the Dick Cavett Show and the first few minutes of the routine are the same methods I learned from my Bill Malone DVDs. My question is: What is the part of the routine that he is performing at about the 17:16 mark to the end of his silk routine (my link below should take you right there)? Cavett remarks that the silks are in "parallel" when Slydini jokingly asks him what kind of knot it is. At this point in the silk routine, Slydini does two phases: 1. ties the silks in what Cavett calls "parallel" and then he magically separates them. And then 2. He seems to tie them in the same way but this time magically cuts them so they separate but each still has a knot. Is the first part utilizing the same method as the regular Slydini knots that I learned from Bill Malone all those years ago? Or is it a different method and if so where can I go to learn more about it? Same with the last phase where the "parallel" knot is split into equal knots -- where is a good resource for learning this?

Thanks!

https://youtu.be/Ir-0j4YCHi8?t=1036
Wravyn
View Profile
Inner circle
3529 Posts

Profile of Wravyn
Perhaps drop Bill Wisch an email. He may be able to point you in a direction.
https://www.billwisch.com/
Leo H
View Profile
Inner circle
1339 Posts

Profile of Leo H
Splitting the Knots is in The Magical World of Slydini. A book set you should have in your library if you're interested in Slydini's magic.
Bob Sanders
View Profile
1945 - 2024
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
In practice, Slydini had one edge of his silks hemmed in a different color thread. It makes it easy to tell which silk is where.
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com