The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Did you hear the latest? :: Derren Brown's Unbelievable - Review (12 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21275 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Not my type of hobby but ok.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
User101
View Profile
Regular user
180 Posts

Profile of User101
Its been confirmed the show is ending it's run in January ,it was due to go on until Spring.
From Facebook page "The producer's have decided to end the run early. This decision was made at the producer's discretion and we're not party to any more information than this."

Bad reviews?Low ticket sales?
MJE
View Profile
Elite user
After all these years,I STILL have only
410 Posts

Profile of MJE
Quote:
On Dec 9, 2023, User101 wrote:

Probably both. Ya' win some; ya' lose some. I doubt that this will hurt Brown's career very much. Financially, maybe, but it would take more than this to tarnish his rep. I'm sure that he'll be back with a hit sometime soon.
User101
View Profile
Regular user
180 Posts

Profile of User101
Quote:
On Dec 10, 2023, MJE wrote:
Quote:
On Dec 9, 2023, User101 wrote:

Probably both. Ya' win some; ya' lose some. I doubt that this will hurt Brown's career very much. Financially, maybe, but it would take more than this to tarnish his rep. I'm sure that he'll be back with a hit sometime soon.

I agree,but maybe he got carried away a little with this idea.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21275 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
To paraphrase Wayne Gretzky you miss 100% of the shots you don’t take. Maybe it is more of a direct quote. Babe Ruth said something about not letting the fear of striking out keep you from playing the game.

I wonder if those who want to criticize Derren so robustly would have Booood the Babe every strikeout he has? Because he has WAY more strikeouts than home runs. Reggie Jackson has almost 2,600 career strikeouts in his career and he is Mr. October!

Those who are just so anxious to dump all over those attempting to be creative usually aren’t. Yes people fail. Life happens. Why be happy in the missteps of others is my question?
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
User101
View Profile
Regular user
180 Posts

Profile of User101
Quote:
On Dec 12, 2023, Dannydoyle wrote:
To paraphrase Wayne Gretzky you miss 100% of the shots you don’t take. Maybe it is more of a direct quote. Babe Ruth said something about not letting the fear of striking out keep you from playing the game.

I wonder if those who want to criticize Derren so robustly would have Booood the Babe every strikeout he has? Because he has WAY more strikeouts than home runs. Reggie Jackson has almost 2,600 career strikeouts in his career and he is Mr. October!

Those who are just so anxious to dump all over those attempting to be creative usually aren’t. Yes people fail. Life happens. Why be happy in the missteps of others is my question?

It appears only one member is happy at his slight failure.
MJE
View Profile
Elite user
After all these years,I STILL have only
410 Posts

Profile of MJE
Quote:
On Dec 12, 2023, User101 wrote:
[It appears only one member is happy at his slight failure.

HA! I just looked back and it appears that you're right! Yet, here we are on Page Three of this. Sheeeeesh.....
Jerskin
View Profile
Inner circle
2496 Posts

Profile of Jerskin
Non magician friends just saw it and loved it
GrEg oTtO

MUNDUS VULT DECIPI
User101
View Profile
Regular user
180 Posts

Profile of User101
Part of the show was performed on Royal Variety Performance show this week(Davenport's spirit cabinet)and being so naff and cheesy it got me thinking ,has Derren become the type of magician he rallied against in Absolute Magic(with regards Unbelivable)?