The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads :: ShoCk Monte - Samual Chong (a Magic Portal revierw) (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
canaday
View Profile
Special user
Florida
746 Posts

Profile of canaday
ShoCk Monte - Samuel Chong
$9.95
https://www.murphysmagic.com/product.aspx?id=75437

The Hype:
A clean and surprising 3 card monte!
No gimmicked cards
No extra cards
No clunky moves
Truly Audience Tested
You start clean, you end clean.
Instant reset.
Just put the cards in your wallet and you are ready to go.
This is a real worker's dream!
This routine has been used professionally by Samuel for the last 9 years & he even used it for a TV Magic appearance

My Take:
A very nice packet trick using ordinary cards. Nothing extra to buy or construct. Can be done with a borrowed deck (if a joker is available).

A couple of things I noticed. The first phase of his performance is somewhat different than the tutorial. Also, this routine seems to be a close cousin of Color Monte. In fact, I am using my Color Monte shifts rather than the one he teaches and they work just fine.

Samuel is a smooth energetic performer and is very likable. He also teaches this well with doing moves multiple times nicely filmed. I can see a lot of you packet trick guys adding this to your set.Think about it. A nice new packet trick and it costs you nothing. Most packet tricks (even the simple ones) go for $15.00 and up nowadays. Another plus is that if your cards get wrecked, a visit to your magic junk drawer will net you a brand new set.

Being a packet trick lover, I really do like this. It is simple, easy to learn and the final reveal is like the $17 with that other monte. It will have people grabbing for your cards.

Yes, I would recommend this.