The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Shuffled not Stirred :: FREE download - 3 memorized deck tricks (7 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Waterloophai
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium
1369 Posts

Profile of Waterloophai
FREE download
3 memorized deck tricks
1 tip on the memorized deck
Memdeck humour
https://memdeck.be/TTTmemdeck/volume01/volume01.html

Enjoy.
Cain
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles, CA
1554 Posts

Profile of Cain
I signed up for that site a few years ago on the recommendation of members here. It was supposed to be a one-time fee. Of course, it wasn't, and some months later the site owner announced a new (monthly?) pay structure. I did not find the material worthwhile. I keep notes for semi-interesting tricks, lines, ruses, controls etc that stumble across in a word processor document; a quick keyword search shows zero hits for that resource.
Ellusionst discussing the Arcane Playing cards: "Michaelangelo took four years to create the Sistine Chapel masterpiece... these took five."

Calvin from Calvin and Hobbes: "You know Einstein got bad grades as a kid? Well, mine are even worse!"
Waterloophai
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium
1369 Posts

Profile of Waterloophai
Quote:
On Aug 15, 2023, Cain wrote:
I signed up for that site a few years ago on the recommendation of members here. It was supposed to be a one-time fee. Of course, it wasn't, and some months later the site owner announced a new (monthly?) pay structure. I did not find the material worthwhile. I keep notes for semi-interesting tricks, lines, ruses, controls etc that stumble across in a word processor document; a quick keyword search shows zero hits for that resource.

Why you are writing this is a complete mystery to me.
They are blatant lies.
Here are some responses that arrived by email within 12 hours of the website appearing on the 12th of August:
https://memdeck.be/TTTmemdeck/volume03/volume03a.html
The reason you can't find any of it is because it was CONSCIOUSLY kept under the radar for 10 years. This is also explained in Volume 1.
I don't respond quickly, but this is just malicious intent for a reason unknown to me.
What are your intentions with this post?
I'm just offering a free download.
Let the people judge for themselves.
rjs
View Profile
Loyal user
296 Posts

Profile of rjs
This was in my opinion the best website devoted to memdeck magic. I'm relieved that its contents will be preserved for those that were subscribers.
Waterloophal's site had tons of material and he regularly updated it with the latest ideas on memdeck work.
The annual subscription fee was a bargain. Nowadays, several magicians charge quite hefty monthly fees to access their sites.
Waterloophai
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium
1369 Posts

Profile of Waterloophai
If you think I care about the money: all subscribers knew that all income went entirely to charities.
I really (fortunately) don't need the money.
In 2022 I donated 1000 euros to charity.
I don't know how to attach a scan in this post.
Those who give me their email address by PM, I will be happy to send a scan of the tax certificate.
That's more than what came in from the eBook though.
By the way: the ANNUAL contribution of the subscriber was 12 euros PER YEAR.
So STOP suggesting this is for money.
Exactly the opposite is true!
Maigret - https://memdeck.be/who.html
Spookysangel1
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of Spookysangel1
Hi, For someone interested in memdeck works etc, I found this web book site to be full of little gems and I believe the amount of content avaiable, was worth the small fee by the creator, which is quite extensive, I would hope this reply would help others who have a similar interest in this style of memdeck card work, to give it look.
mimo67
View Profile
Veteran user
France
322 Posts

Profile of mimo67
I agree with the good reviews above. I followed this for years and was always enjoying the new contents and Maigret's dedication to memdeck work. It obviously never was for money, that's so evident it isn't worth my time to say it... On the contrary his love for magic and for offering so many ideas and routines to memdeck lovers has always be a blessing to me and the few bucks asked here and there were really justified and well explained each time.
But not for everyone it seems.
Thanks a lot Maigret for all your help and dedication to our art and to this underused magic material (let it be so, the initiated will always enjoy this immensely ;-)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~MiMo~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Cain
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles, CA
1554 Posts

Profile of Cain
Quote:
On Aug 15, 2023, Waterloophai wrote:
Why you are writing this is a complete mystery to me.
They are blatant lies.

What's a blatant lie? There's nothing here in the way of rebuttal. It's odd that my motives are "a complete mystery," yet you somehow know I'm "lying" with "malicious intent." There's a difference between a lie, a blatant lie, and a falsehood. I can't simply be mistaken? Maybe it's this sloppiness that turned me off to the material, which, again, I found wanting. As I recall, the content was excessively derivative.

Quote:
Here are some responses that arrived by email within 12 hours of the website appearing on the 12th of August:
https://memdeck.be/TTTmemdeck/volume03/volume03a.html

I'm not sure what you think this demonstrates. I never suggested my opinion was representative of the greater magic community. Does anyone need a gentle reminder that people here routinely over-hype? I've bought into it -- as evidenced by my site membership.

Quote:
The reason you can't find any of it is because it was CONSCIOUSLY kept under the radar for 10 years. This is also explained in Volume 1.

I'm not sure what this is a response to.

Quote:
I don't respond quickly, but this is just malicious intent for a reason unknown to me.
What are your intentions with this post?
I'm just offering a free download.
Let the people judge for themselves.

If you want people to judge for themselves, you should have no beef with my post. I do not legislate for others. A free download is a free download; all a person has to lose is their time. I'd encourage others to get it and judge for themselves. If there are a dozen good reviews, what's the threat of one bad one? You did not need to send me two PMs.

Quote:
If you think I care about the money: all subscribers knew that all income went entirely to charities.
I really (fortunately) don't need the money.
In 2022 I donated 1000 euros to charity.
I don't know how to attach a scan in this post.
Those who give me their email address by PM, I will be happy to send a scan of the tax certificate.
That's more than what came in from the eBook though.
By the way: the ANNUAL contribution of the subscriber was 12 euros PER YEAR.
So STOP suggesting this is for money.
Exactly the opposite is true!

This does not really address the point because what you're claiming here is not necessarily inconsistent with what I said; in other words, both can be true. It can be true that the pay structure was revised, AND that you donated a thousand euros to charity. To the point: Is it true that membership was initially sold as a one-time fee and then revised? You say here that it was an "ANNUAL contribution"; I wasn't sure if it was monthly or yearly, which is why wrote "(monthly?)" All other things being equal, shorter-term contracts favor the consumer, so "ANNUAL" isn't quite the correction you might imagine it is. But whatever.
Ellusionst discussing the Arcane Playing cards: "Michaelangelo took four years to create the Sistine Chapel masterpiece... these took five."

Calvin from Calvin and Hobbes: "You know Einstein got bad grades as a kid? Well, mine are even worse!"
Waterloophai
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium
1369 Posts

Profile of Waterloophai
I will not go into this further.
It would put me on the same level and I want to avoid that at all costs.
A wise reader knows enough, I think.
Waterloophai
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium
1369 Posts

Profile of Waterloophai
About a year ago I put the eBook "The Card Sword" online.
It covers the history of the card classic "The Card Sword".
It was FREE to download from day one and it still is today.
For those interested in the history of magic :
http://maigret.org/cardsword/cardsword.html
The download is about 13MB.
Ferry Gerats
View Profile
Regular user
the Netherlands
195 Posts

Profile of Ferry Gerats
I also have always fully enjoyed my subscription to Maigret's Memdeck service.
JuanPoop
View Profile
Loyal user
Luckily for you, I only have
219 Posts

Profile of JuanPoop
I am a +1 to the supporters of Waterloophai's mem-deck service.

I found it very useful and full of interesting content.

I am very pleased that it is up and running.
aka Lucky John
Sydney, Australia
ChadRees
View Profile
Regular user
Tucson, AZ
190 Posts

Profile of ChadRees
I really miss the TTT web-ebook. It was so useful. The only place on the entire internet that had all memdeck references.
RIP The Daily Deception
BobMillerMAGIC!
View Profile
Regular user
MN
105 Posts

Profile of BobMillerMAGIC!
I love MemDeck Magic, but I realize that not all magicians do. So, I wanted to make the awesome Card to Calendar prediction available to performers who don't have a card stack memorized. So I created PreDate (https://buy.bobmillermagic.biz/magic-1/16-predate-pocket-calendar-trick) No memorization needed b/c the calendar holds the key. There's 2 videos on that page that show 1)Performed w/ a stacked deck 2) Performed w/ a shuffled deck
PreDate: The NoMem Calendar Trick
http://www.BobMillerMagic.biz