The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Paper money madness! :: Checks (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Louis Gordon
View Profile
New user
93 Posts

Profile of Louis Gordon
I am looking to use a check for an effect. There is no way I want to use any of my real ones with account numbers and such on them.

I do however want the check in the effect to look very real but have fake account numbers and by the time the effect is done the check will not be able to be used at all so it being fake will not matter in the end.

Just curious what others have done as far printing up their own with maybe something form staples or have you asked your bank for fake checks and paid for them?

Louis
drmagic
View Profile
Loyal user
254 Posts

Profile of drmagic
Louis,

Here is a simple online check generator - https://www.hashemian.com/tools/check-generator.php - that you can use to edit and print checks. Here is another site I have used to print a more professional looking check - https://www.template.net/editable/check - just scroll down until you see one that is free or, if you wish, purchase a template.

Also you can do a Google search for "free manifestation check" and you will get a plethora of sites with online editable checks.

Hope that helps.

Don
Louis Gordon
View Profile
New user
93 Posts

Profile of Louis Gordon
Thanks Don those look perfect.

One more question.

What do you print them on and do you do color or black and white?

Louis
drmagic
View Profile
Loyal user
254 Posts

Profile of drmagic
I print them in color on 24# or 32# paper. Regular 20# printer paper is a little to flimsy and does not replicate the paper real checks are printed on. You could use the color copiers at Staples but sometimes the print is a little to glossy and doesn't look like a regular check.

You will probably need some trial and error to get them to the way you want but hopefully this information will save you a few steps.
Louis Gordon
View Profile
New user
93 Posts

Profile of Louis Gordon
Thanks again. This is perfect. Appreciate the help and you said it, this is saving me several steps and time.