The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: For the record :: Credit question (1 Like) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
JonHackl
View Profile
Regular user
Western Australia
198 Posts

Profile of JonHackl
I had the idea recently of using the facts that a diamond shape looks the same upside down, and that 6 and 9 look like each other upside down, as a two-way out for a prediction. I don't recall seeing this before, but I'm certain it must be in our literature somewhere. If anyone's seen it, could you please let me know where? Thanks!
"Magic is the only kind of entertainment where 90% of the audience is trying to ruin it for themselves." - Pete Holmes

https://www.lybrary.com/ivy-p-925586.html
Thomas Henry
View Profile
Inner circle
Minnesota
1436 Posts

Profile of Thomas Henry
Hello Jon,

I can't speak for the diamond, but with regard to 6 and 9, I took it one step further and used 86 and 98 as a two-way out in my routine exploiting Futagawa's force. This appeared in my Hidden Numerical Forces, (Orlando, Florida: Leaping Lizards Magic, 2006), pp. 138-144.

Thomas Henry
Omne ignotum pro magnifico.

Curious who I am? See my quick video bio.
saxonia
View Profile
Regular user
168 Posts

Profile of saxonia
You are right, it is very likely that many people have invented this independently of each other.

I found the idea in the magazine of the Austrian magic societies "Aladin" (in German language). The bibliographic source is:

Werner Zuleger: Eine Voraussage (fast) ohne Vorbereitung, in: Aladin, vol. 23, no. 6, Nov/Dec 1971, p. 106