The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Step right up! :: Marked Deck Pitch (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
shakuni
View Profile
Inner circle
1179 Posts

Profile of shakuni
Hi,

Is there any published material or video on pitching a marked deck?

Thanks!
Frosty
View Profile
Loyal user
Texas
240 Posts

Profile of Frosty
Hello Shakuni!
Marked cards are no good for pitching...

though I believe they were pitched back in the old days.

I have never seen any print material on pitchem them but I believe I've seen ads on the old Billboard magazine selling them wholesale to pitchmen making me believe they were pitched in the old days gone by..

Marked cards wouldn't work for todays marks.. they are just not visually magical enough to make em want to pony up their hard earned cash on impulse..

You might be better off pitching Marked Stripper decks and calling them "The Gamblers Dream Deck" or something of that sort...
There are some moves that can be done with stripper decks to make'em more visual but take much practice to make them magical enough and entertaining to be good slum to pitch..
Frosty
View Profile
Loyal user
Texas
240 Posts

Profile of Frosty
I tried pitching the marked stripper deck many years ago but quickly found out the Svengali deck is a way better deck to pitch..

But here are a few ideas if you decide to try and pitch the marked stripper deck..

1. You can do a rising card effect using a stripper deck. Hard to do but very visual!

Done by reversing their chosen card and using your pinky finger to make it rise from within the deck. It can also be done placed in the box by squeezing the sides while shacking it..

2. You can do a visual card change to their chosen card..

Done by after the mark pulls out their chosen card you reverse all the cards except for the top card so when they replace it back on top you then cut the cards and strip those 2 cards out (similar to a double lift) showing them the wrong card then making it visually change to their chosen card..

3. You can also do a Svengali type full deck color change (also super visual!)

Done by using all red cards facing one way while all black face the opposite way then riffling them one way to show them all red cards or riffling the the other side to show them all blacks.. (of course all red and black cards all alternated by doing a faro shuffle..)

4. You can also pull out all the aces out after they fully shuffled the deck.. (for some reason the marks enjoy this effect)

There are many more tricks that are visual enough to pitch strippers but I found out these are the ones that worked best for me.

Hope this helps!
shakuni
View Profile
Inner circle
1179 Posts

Profile of shakuni
Thank you so much!