The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Not very magical, still... :: Rant! (1 Like) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2889 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
I'm not looking for any help or anything, but I'm so ANNOYED, I need to rant.

My wife has gone to the Anime convention in Providence. As she has restricted mobility, we found a place "Liberty Mobility" that rents scooters. I took two hours to get out to where it is, got the scooter, took an Uber back. Took the thing apart, hauled it up to the third floor. She couldn't manage reassembly, so I went WITH her to the con, assembled the scooter for her, and came home. It's now four hours later... and she's lost the key to the scooter! She took the key out, went to the ladies room, the stall had a shelf behind the toilet, she put her purse and the key on the shelf. When she was done, she grabbed her purse and can't find the key! MY thought is that the purse slid the key into the toilet. So it's either gone completely, or is in the trap of the toilet (which is the same thing, because she doesn't want to get the venue's maintenance staff involved, so they can't "plunge" or "hook" the trap.

So she has to come home, she can't go back tomorrow, and we have a hunk of useless metal in our possession until Monday!

In the words of Dean Winchester; "Sonuva !@#$%!"
"...and if you're too afraid of goin' astray, you won't go anywhere." - Granny Weatherwax
Animated Puppets
View Profile
Loyal user
Lost on a Green Screen
285 Posts

Profile of Animated Puppets
The Scooter rental place should have spare keys.
I still recall the day I met Beaker from the Muppets. He said to me "Meep, meep, mee mee mee Meep!", and that has made all the difference.
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2889 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Quote:
On Jul 30, 2023, Animated Puppets wrote:
The Scooter rental place should have spare keys.

That's a very good thought. EXCEPT, the scooter rental place is closed on the weekends. They'll be open Monday when I bring back the scooter!

She's taking two of the kids with her. So we put the thing in neutral, and she's being PUSHED around the con.
"...and if you're too afraid of goin' astray, you won't go anywhere." - Granny Weatherwax
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16557 Posts

Profile of tommy
We will take it that you are not an escape artist.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2889 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Sometimes, I have trouble getting out of the house!

I brought it back today. They chaged me $20 for the missing keys! Which I was expecting.

Comedy of errors. I called an Uber to take me to the rental place. First guy comes up, looks at the pile of pieces and says; "Nope, trunk is too small." Drives off and rejects the contract. (This was crazy because I brought the pieces HOME in a car just that small. Second car shows up and takes me there (AND gets the $5 tip!). Reassemble the cart, return it, pay the fine, go to catch the bus home and... the bus isn't for almost an hour! So I call another Uber, it takes some time to get there, and when the app says it's there, it isn't! I texted him; "WHERE ARE YOU." "I'M WAITING." "I'M RIGHT HERE, OUTSIDE THE BUILDING" At which point, the contract ends, and Uber tells me I have to ask for a new contract. I look up rides, (understand the first one was $20, the second one was SUPPOSED to be $16) when I checked on new rides, they STARTED at 30 to 35! To Hell with THAT noise, I walked BACK up to the bus stop and waited for a bus! (The times on the bus app kept changing!)