The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: So Happy together... :: NEMC 2024? (1 Like) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2889 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
I found a website for the New England Magic Conference for March 2023. Does anyone know if there will be one for 2024?
"...and if you're too afraid of goin' astray, you won't go anywhere." - Granny Weatherwax
magico
View Profile
Special user
Connecticut
863 Posts

Profile of magico
They just updated the website - March 1 & 2 2024

https://www.ctnemcon.com
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2889 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Got my train ticket. Going to order a ticket to the con at the end of January and make a hotel reservation.
"...and if you're too afraid of goin' astray, you won't go anywhere." - Granny Weatherwax
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2889 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
I made it! I am currently sitting in the ballroom of a hotel in Trumbull CT, waiting for the first event!
Wravyn
View Profile
Inner circle
3531 Posts

Profile of Wravyn
Have a superb time!
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2889 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Thank you, Wravyn! I'm kinda angry at myself, this has been going on since 1982. I came back to Rhode Island in 1984, and I'm only now finding out about this event!

It was a wonderful time, I didn't buy as much as I'd hoped I would, since most of it was close-up and, frankly, I have VOLUMES of close-up stuff on my shelf that I have to learn. I DID pick up a forcing deck to do David Ginn's "Comedy Card on Back," I was hoping for a two-way forcing deck, so I could split it up and get two separate decks out of it, but they only had one way. HOWEVER, on Saturday night. the same guys were packing up and had grouped a lot of cards into bags; "$100 worth of cards - $25) So I bought a bag and found TWO more forcing decks! I also got a Spanish language Tarot deck, a crooked deck, a random deck that wasn't finished very well, and a collectors deck printed on 9.999 gold foil! I also grabbed a "Birthday Party Magician" DVD and a two pack of David Ginn's material; "Magic In Black and White" (newspaper tricks,) and "It's About Time," (clock tricks.)

The lectures were wonderful; Kayla Drescher, Harrison Lampert, Bizzaro, Christopher T. Magician (the "T" is for "Taco.") and Ran'D Shine. They were also the "all star show," and they were magnificent.

(Snarky comment, at the all star show, the MC remarked that the NEM was like "Blackpool, but with better deodorant!")

I am spiritually and magically recharged and ready to reclaim my title as the "Salari of Magic!"

I'm also planning to go back next year!
Wravyn
View Profile
Inner circle
3531 Posts

Profile of Wravyn
Great to hear. It is wonderful to go to a convention and the passion recharges. Sounds like a good time.