The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Right or Wrong? :: SevenPad Exposure on last nights TV (6 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
JackMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1988 Posts

Profile of JackMagic
On Sky TV the Show Rob and Romesh Magic in Vegas

Completely exposed the workings of the SevenPad
on the streets of Las Vegas

Anyone outside of the UK the 2 of them are comedians in
The UK and they do a different task every week

They also visited P&T and Teller was so annoyed with one
of them they recommended they go to Jeff McBride Magic
School

Apart from the SevenPad exposure

Hardly anyone on the streets were impressed with what
They did !
Roberto W
View Profile
Inner circle
1257 Posts

Profile of Roberto W
I havnt watched it yet but it’s series 5 episode 1 - magic in Vegas for the search. I can’t find a link to re watch as yet and not on YouTube currently. Watching paint dry is more funnier than them as well.
Bottom Drawer
View Profile
Regular user
123 Posts

Profile of Bottom Drawer
Comedians ? ?
They are as funny as syphillis.

BD
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10800 Posts

Profile of saysold1
That sounds kinda goofy. Huh? Why would they do that?

I assume you are purposely mis-spelling SvenP*d® - which by the way is a registered trademarked name which we aggressively protect.

I guess by mis-spelling it won't show up in search.

Someone post a link please.

But the bottom line is:

1) 99.9% of people won't see it
2) Exposure of any kind if dumb and bad for everyone
3) To get attention these days on social media it seems to be an arms race to do stupid things for attention. IF what you say is true, these comics are making fools of themselves. But they have no right to expose secret magic workings - and if they are doing so, it shows their desperation.
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of aerospace level quality, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
Sean Mann
View Profile
Regular user
Essex, UK
160 Posts

Profile of Sean Mann
It wasn’t on social media. It was on TV so it’s not on YouTube yet.
AutarchicFlux
View Profile
Special user
596 Posts

Profile of AutarchicFlux
Quote:
On Jul 20, 2023, Bottom Drawer wrote:
Comedians ? ?

BD

What a weird thing to say. Magicians are generally some of the most unfunny performers on the planet. Are you suggesting that performers who specialize in comedy are never good at what they do? What a completely myopic, self-defeating, and ultimately revealing statement about your psychology. I, for one, thing those in the performing arts have good reasons to stick together, and that being a comedian is perhaps the only performing arts job harder than being a magician.
Roberto W
View Profile
Inner circle
1257 Posts

Profile of Roberto W
I don’t think BD was referring to comedians in general but specifically referring to these two idiots (depends how you read the post) - who are definitely not funny.
influentialist
View Profile
Loyal user
235 Posts

Profile of influentialist
Quote:
On Jul 20, 2023, AutarchicFlux wrote:
Quote:
On Jul 20, 2023, Bottom Drawer wrote:
Comedians ? ?

BD

What a weird thing to say. Magicians are generally some of the most unfunny performers on the planet. Are you suggesting that performers who specialize in comedy are never good at what they do? What a completely myopic, self-defeating, and ultimately revealing statement about your psychology. I, for one, thing those in the performing arts have good reasons to stick together, and that being a comedian is perhaps the only performing arts job harder than being a magician.

There's a golden rule on the internet that any time anyone mentions a comedian the next post will always be someone saying they don't find them funny.
BeefyBill
View Profile
New user
57 Posts

Profile of BeefyBill
I didn’t know Brett Barry was involved with the svenpad?!!!
JackMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1988 Posts

Profile of JackMagic
Quote:
On Jul 20, 2023, saysold1 wrote:
That sounds kinda goofy. Huh? Why would they do that?

I assume you are purposely mis-spelling SvenP*d® - which by the way is a registered trademarked name which we aggressively protect.

I guess by mis-spelling it won't show up in search.

Someone post a link please.

But the bottom line is:

1) 99.9% of people won't see it
2) Exposure of any kind if dumb and bad for everyone
3) To get attention these days on social media it seems to be an arms race to do stupid things for attention. IF what you say is true, these comics are making fools of themselves. But they have no right to expose secret magic workings - and if they are doing so, it shows their desperation.

The incorrect spelling was due to phones Auto correct

The whole point of this post was to give a heads up to anyone
Using ,as due to poor handling every page was shown to spectators
Who clearly could see ,every other page was the force item
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10800 Posts

Profile of saysold1
So one of our UK users on the private group page posted this info - and honestly it doesn't really sound too bad.

Its a comedy show with some magic.

Thank you Jack for posting this though! Very appreciated.

"Jeff McBride showed Rob how to use a KOD pad (off camera) the pad as the gimmick wasn’t referred to
- Rob performed a serviceable version of the basic trick on Romesh, forcing ‘star wars’ from a series of movies
- At this point nothing was revealed beyond Rob now having magic powers
- the ‘exposure’ comes later when Rob uses the same Sven pad on the strip to several people and after revealing star wars to two people in a row, there is commentary along the lines of “I need more note pads” and “I know how to read minds… as long as it’s Star Wars”
- so, in essence, it’s clear that the ‘note pad’ (‘Sven’ is never mentioned) is making people pick Star Wars each time but there’s no view of the short pages and no prolonged view of what the pad looks like.
- Penn having taught the pair about ‘forces’ earlier in the show with cards, a viewer could reasonably connect this with the ‘note pad’ Rob has and presume it’s a force.

But how it forces or what it looks like? Not covered."
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of aerospace level quality, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
johndevacmaker
View Profile
Special user
652 Posts

Profile of johndevacmaker
Unfortunately one of the spectators on the strip was allowed to keep looking at pages on the force side
So exposure hopefully not too serious
Holden
View Profile
New user
81 Posts

Profile of Holden
Quote:
On Jul 20, 2023, Roberto W wrote:
I don’t think BD was referring to comedians in general but specifically referring to these two idiots (depends how you read the post) - who are definitely not funny.

Who you don't think are funny.

Which is fine.

But they are unarguably immensely popular entertainers in the UK who millions find funny, judging by the size of venues they play, and the huge television and book deals they get.

"Definitely not funny" comedians tend not to earn money telling jokes.
Roberto W
View Profile
Inner circle
1257 Posts

Profile of Roberto W
In my opinion, no I don’t think there are funny. it doesn’t matter if they are multi millionaires from telling jokes, it’s still personal preference if you think they are funny or not. I like Lee Evans as a comedian where as others think he’s not funny. It’s the same as us in our art, you will get lay people saying they don’t like a particular magician for what ever reason, where as other will say they do.
geggy
View Profile
Elite user
Brighton UK
485 Posts

Profile of geggy
Well I'm currently on holiday in Kefalonia Greece. Staying at a small village called Skala.
Everyone's talking about this!!
Mac_Stone
View Profile
Inner circle
Miami, FL
1428 Posts

Profile of Mac_Stone
Quote:
On Jul 21, 2023, geggy wrote:
Well I'm currently on holiday in Kefalonia Greece. Staying at a small village called Skala.

The whole village?
Bottom Drawer
View Profile
Regular user
123 Posts

Profile of Bottom Drawer
Quote:
On Jul 21, 2023, geggy wrote:

Any videos of you performing magic there?

BD
geggy
View Profile
Elite user
Brighton UK
485 Posts

Profile of geggy
No videos, but had fun with Grandmas miracle, loops and a ctw.in envelope.
And a quick routine using my dmc alphas for 2 sweet ladies we met.

Sven pads out of sight til the dust settles.
Yiammas
Gerry
David Todd
View Profile
Inner circle
2334 Posts

Profile of David Todd
Quote:
On Jul 20, 2023, saysold1 wrote:
To get attention these days on social media it seems to be an arms race to do stupid things for attention. IF what you say is true, these comics are making fools of themselves. But they have no right to expose secret magic workings - and if they are doing so, it shows their desperation.

That perfectly describes the career trajectory of the likes of Justin Flom (spiraling downward in terms of integrity and respect, but, hey, doing that sort of thoughtless stupid stuff gets a lot of "likes" and "views", so that's what is truly important to the creative artist, isn't it? Smile )