The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Street Magic :: Magic that I can pull out of a wallet and perform? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
amazingadan
View Profile
New user
33 Posts

Profile of amazingadan
Any suggestions for magic I can pull out of a wallet in full view and perform?

I’m normally more of a coin/sleight of hand guy, but I’ve been using B’wave and it’s been great. Only thing is that sometimes I have to smooth past when people want to examine the cards. I really like Volition by Joel Dickinson which fits in a wallet, but can’t be pulled out and performed with some minor set-up.

I’m really looking for something I can use as a second or third effect, when people are already zero’d in and watching closely. I want something I can pull out in full view and perform with no setup, and ideally which can be examined at the end. Think, at a dinner table surrounded by various curious friends (and friends who can often feel comfortable enough to get a bit grabby with props).

I love mentalism, but also please don’t say “billets” without offering a suggestion for a specific routine or effect. My favorite drawing duplication, for instance, uses a hidden dummy billet with something pre-written on it, so it would not fit these specifications.

Thank you in advance, I’m looking forward to seeing your suggestions!
FrankFindley
View Profile
Inner circle
1047 Posts

Profile of FrankFindley
Coincidentally, the performance theme for our IBM Ring 56 meeting on Monday was "Don't Leave Home Without It, that is tricks that you may always carry around with you." Here were the ones brought forth with the ones taken from wallets bolded:

Bill Changes -> multiple versions demonstrated including triple bill change (dollar, five, 100); mismade bill, and comedy borrowed bill routine (high denomination changed to lower denomination)
Color changing and vanishing knife.
One to Three coin appearances/vanishes
Single coin flurry
Inventive Scotch and Soda routine done as a marked coin transposition
Various card routines: Credit Card Reveal (i.e. digits on credit card change to chosen card), card college/weighing cards (mem deck work), card to impossible locations, Four Ace routines
Ring and chain
Coins through table, sponge balls.
Mentalism with business card including a cold reading with a revelation (via p**k wallet)
EDCeipts done as a mental epic
Comedy cards: Pride & Joy, Kids (goats), Dead Aunt (Ant)