The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Boxes, tubes & bags :: Milk glass illusion (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
tbaer
View Profile
Inner circle
Pennsylvania
2004 Posts

Profile of tbaer
If you google "milk glass illusion" you will see an Asian guy on video pour milk from a bottle into a small glass in the center of the glass, not into the edge of the glass. Then he takes the small glass and pours it into the next size glass into the center of the glass, not into the edge of the glass and so on into the 3rd glass and then into the 4th glass. And the sides of the glasses look filled.

Are these glasses different from the Multum in Parvo glasses? Do these glasses look good from close-up about 3-feet away or will you be able to see a slight gap on the sides of the glasses from close-up? Are there any glasses on the market that you can pour milk into the center of the glass that are even better than these glasses?
David Todd
View Profile
Inner circle
2338 Posts

Profile of David Todd
Quote:
On Jul 1, 2023, tbaer wrote:
If you google "milk glass illusion" you will see an Asian guy on video pour milk from a bottle into a small glass in the center of the glass, not into the edge of the glass. Then he takes the small glass and pours it into the next size glass into the center of the glass, not into the edge of the glass and so on into the 3rd glass and then into the 4th glass. And the sides of the glasses look filled.

Are these glasses different from the Multum in Parvo glasses? Do these glasses look good from close-up about 3-feet away or will you be able to see a slight gap on the sides of the glasses from close-up? Are there any glasses on the market that you can pour milk into the center of the glass that are even better than these glasses?

Is this the one you meant ? - https://youtu.be/NDxw5dRCuOE

The design of the glasses in different versions of Multum in Parvo vary slightly. Only someone who owns this specific set of glasses can answer the question: "Do these glasses look good from close-up about 3-feet away or will you be able to see a slight gap on the sides of the glasses from close-up?" , but in the video it looks like we are seeing the glasses fairly close. However, I don't believe the effect is intended to be performed close-up, but if you were performing this in a "parlor" situation on a raised table in front of a seated audience with a bit of distance between you and the audience I would think these glasses would be deceptive at a short distance (as seen in the video.)

tbaer
View Profile
Inner circle
Pennsylvania
2004 Posts

Profile of tbaer
Thanks David, that's the one. Then for a parlor effect, you probably could use the Multum in Parvo glasses and pour milk into them in the center. Pouring milk into the sides looks to un-natural to me. That's just my opinion. Do you know (or anyone) if there is another name on the market for the "milk glass illusion" effect that the glasses are exactly the same?