The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads :: Magic Nook ebooks (1 Like) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
alexander_may
View Profile
Loyal user
South Africa
296 Posts

Profile of alexander_may
I know that Magic Nook has closed down... does anyone know if there is still a way to buy some of the material, or is it gone forever?
EvilClown
View Profile
New user
Richmond, VA
63 Posts

Profile of EvilClown
I believe they said the rights would be returned to the original owners/authors so if you know who wrote a specific item, you might want to reach out to them.
Maestro
View Profile
Special user
802 Posts

Profile of Maestro
I might have bought one from them at some point but I couldn’t “prove” I am a magician by their criteria
Wravyn
View Profile
Inner circle
3531 Posts

Profile of Wravyn
Quote:
On Jul 20, 2023, Maestro wrote:
I might have bought one from them at some point but I couldn’t “prove” I am a magician by their criteria

That was a hurdle they never really shared on how to 'prove'... The only way I was able to prove I was a magician, I disappeared from going to the website.
alexander_may
View Profile
Loyal user
South Africa
296 Posts

Profile of alexander_may
I used to buy a couple of things off there, until they started with that nonsense of "proving" that you are a magician. Really seemed to have lost the plot, as nothing you provided was ever acceptable. Sadly I don't know who the original authors are, so can't even contact them.
Mind Circus
View Profile
Regular user
Northern California
128 Posts

Profile of Mind Circus
Now they they are closed, I would be curious if anyone actually "proved" they were a magician and what they submitted as proof?
Greg Kiefer
View Profile
New user
64 Posts

Profile of Greg Kiefer
I tried the accessing the magic nook website without success. I'm interested in purchasing the series of "I Hate Card Tricks" books. I believed the Magic Nook had these books for sale at one time. Any updates would be greatly appreciated.
magicbob116
View Profile
Inner circle
1523 Posts

Profile of magicbob116
Hi. I'm the author of the "I Hate Card Tricks" books (as well as some others) that were previously available on "The Magic Nook" website. I pretty much retired from magic pre-Covid and haven't kept up with the website closing.

I may look into setting up a website myself or maybe finding someone else to host my material. In the meantime, if anyone is interested in obtaining copies of any of my e-books, please feel free to contact me directly and I'll be happy to help.

Bob
B. Robert Pulver

The "I Hate Card Tricks!" Book of Card Tricks Vol. 1, 2, and 3
Kards for Kids
Sticky Situations
Sleightly Wacky
magicbob116@yahoo.com