The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Did you hear the latest? :: Contact (1 Like) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Garrad
View Profile
Elite user
446 Posts

Profile of Garrad
Hi I wonder if you could give me some guidance.
I purchased something from a member here on the Café. He said he had a shop in Portugal and PM'ed me a payment link for $200 for a Memento Mori by Lebanon Circle
I payed and he sent me a tracking number
I logged into the tracking number but after a while there had been no further info since the 02/05/23 so I emailed the courier company twice. The first response said to give it time.
I gave it another 10 days and still no update so emailed again. They then told me they didn't know where the package was and couldn't help and that I should get a refund and tell the sender to claim through their insurance. I looked at the members profile but there is no email. I tried PMing him but the messages remain unread. I wanted to ask the community here if anyone knew him and had a contact or could ask him to check his PM's. However I don't know which forum to post this request in so that as many people as possible will see it.
Could you please advise

Regards
Garrad
You might say reality is the result of complex negotiations between the observer and the observed. But that is simply a point of view.

Many Thanks
Garrad
Garrad
View Profile
Elite user
446 Posts

Profile of Garrad
Hi

The member I am trying to contact is Tomacker

Regards
Garrad
You might say reality is the result of complex negotiations between the observer and the observed. But that is simply a point of view.

Many Thanks
Garrad
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
Most people wish I didn't have
5169 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
Hi Garrad. Did you use PayPal or similar service that will allow you to file a claim for undelivered merchandise?

The vast majorities of sellers here are legitimate, with a handful being exceptional and running their sales just like a good business would. However, there are a few scammers, so I never purchase without using a service that will offer me some kind of protection. Just about the same time you made your purchase, I also ordered an effect from a different seller and they wanted me to use PayPal with the "send to friends" feature for a $50 item so they wouldn't have to pay the service fee. I paid extra to reimburse them the fee, but used regular PayPal so I had insurance.

Sure enough, the item never came. After several attempts and dead-end tracking numbers I threatened to go to PayPal and file a grievance. The seller ended up reimbursing me for the purchase.
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
Garrad
View Profile
Elite user
446 Posts

Profile of Garrad
Hi Wizard

I used my card so can go back through my bank but wanted to try and contact the seller before doing so.

Regards
Garrad

Many Thanks
Garrad
Tom G
View Profile
Inner circle
SW Michigan
2903 Posts

Profile of Tom G
Garrad, just make sure you make your claim to Paypal or your card in time if you haven't received your package. I had someone keep sending me emails attempting to stall me, so I'd be past the Paypal reporting deadline. I never do, and Paypal got my money back.
Garrad
View Profile
Elite user
446 Posts

Profile of Garrad
Thank you Tom
I have now initiated the claim with my bank
I was just hoping to resolve it admirably

Regards
Garrad

Many Thanks
Garrad