The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Magic Stage Left :: Flipping instructional playback (1 Like) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
spudster85
View Profile
Regular user
Northern Kentucky
127 Posts

Profile of spudster85
Was watching and practicing along with Fiber Optics Extended by Richard Sanders. I was using my laptop to do so, along with VLC media player. This is a freeware program that can play virtually any video format.

I was getting frustrated with right versus left hands. Mix in the front and back views provided, things get confusing FAST! I began searching through the functions of the program and found I could switch the playback horizontally, and effectively reversed the action to being correctly reversed for a south paw. Listening to the audio, one still had to make adjustments. But, for a visual learner, like me, this is invaluable.
gaddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Agent of Chaos
3530 Posts

Profile of gaddy
Did NOT know that this was a function on VLC. THANK YOU!
*due to the editorial policies here, words on this site attributed to me cannot necessarily be held to be my own.*
spudster85
View Profile
Regular user
Northern Kentucky
127 Posts

Profile of spudster85
Truly has been a game changer for me. I've been watching a ton of my instructionals this way. It helps so much! Who would have thought something so simple would help that much?
Jbond207
View Profile
New user
Mount Vernon, IN
59 Posts

Profile of Jbond207
Good to know! Thanks!!